31

katara: you seem happy

_: i just helped lala bring her child to this earth, why wouldnt i be

katara: no, its for another reason

_: what makes you say that

katara: maybe it has something to do with you and aangs quick kiss.

_: ok, i might of kissed him, big deal... and whats behind your back?

katara: (ignoring her last question) i guess your right.... im sure you and aang will have plenty more.... little miss legend.

(katara pulls out what she was holding from behind her back... _s legend book she took from the library)

(just stands there wide eyed)

_ pov

me: pfff... me, the legend... yeah right.... wait whats a legend

katara: dont play stupid, besides you say you have no idea what the legend is and yet, you deny your it.

damn, i should of put what i said in reverse... f_ck.

me: ok so i know what the legend is, it doesnt mean its me

katara: there eyes glow purple! with the avatar or without! you do that! how could you not tell us about this book? how long have you known

ok so ima have to lie, i cant say i knew since the solstice

me: since the library.

katara: how can you not tell us... or at least me, we could of been teaching your your abilities, you have so many!

me: i didnt tell you because i knew you'd act like this. besides..... i-i i wanted aang to like me for me, not-not because we have to be together.

katara: awww.... ok, i wont tell anyone but keep this hidden better,

she hands me my book

wow really, man am i lucky my sister loves love.

me: thanks kat.
.
.
.
.

_, Katara, Sokka and Toph escorting Than and family out of a rocky pass toward the base of the great wall. As they pause, Aang and Momo swoop into view from the direction of the wall. Aang lands before them, Momo perching on his shoulder.)

_: Aang, what are you doing here?

katara: I thought you were looking for Appa?

Aang: I was, but something stopped me. Something big.

(Cut to wall's base, where Aang and Toph are jointly bending a rock platform up the face of the wall, lifting them all upwards. Camera pans back to show their rapid ascent up the wall.)

Sokka: (as platform ascends) Now what's so big that Appa has to wait?

Aang: That.

_: oh no

(The camera pans way back to show both the wall and the approaching Drill, then to an aerial view showing the massive machine flanked by eight tanks on either side.

Cut to Aang and the rest peering out over the top of the outer wall, down toward the Fire Nation forces.)

Ying: (despairingly) We made it to Ba Sing Se, and we're still not safe. No one is. (Than and family huddle together.)

Earthbender Guard: (from behind) What are you people doing here? Civilians aren't allowed on the wall.

Aang: (looking determined) I'm the Avatar. Take me to whoever's in charge.