34

its been 4 weeks since they lost appa and the others

Sokka lying on his stomach, working intently on yet another sketch. A more distant shot shows Toph reclining on the floor nearby, while Momo licks her foot. Katara and Aang rush in through the front door.)

Katara: We found a printer to make our posters. (holds up a poster with an expert rendition of Appa, picture of Aang, and dense script, while Aang smiles and points to it)

Sokka: Hey, I thought designing "the lost Appa, jenjen, snowflake and hotwing posters" was my job. I've been working all day on them. (holds up crude drawings with a proud smile)

_ doesnt look at it at all cuz she knows he brother did a REALLY bad job

Aang: (perplexed) Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head. (Katara struggles to contain her laughter)

Sokka: (pointing to the sketch) This IS his head.

Katara: (taking it to study up close) Why are feet coming out of it?

Sokka: (snatching the sketch back indignantly) Those are his horns!

aang: what is this a racoon-snake?...with a fin?

sokka: thats hot wing, and that 'fin' is the end of her tail!

katara: is this an artic hen?

sokka: thats snowflake!... and before you say anything this 'badger-mole' is jenjen

aang: actually i was going to say you did her pretty well

sokka: really?

aang: nope!

they all laugh but sokka

sokka: (hangs his head) I haven't seen them awhile ok?!

Toph: (ironically) It looks just like them to me.

Sokka: (flattered) Thank you, I worked really... (realization sets in) Why do you feel the need to do that?

_: because its funny, and your gullible enough to always fall for it

Katara: Let's just stick with the professional versions.

Sokka: Grrrr! (violently rips the drawings to tiny shreds)

Aang: (enthusiastically) Come on, let's get busy! (holds up two stacks of leaflets)

Aang: I just finished dropping all the leaflets. Has anyone come in with news about Appa? or the others?

Katara: (studying her cards) It's only been a day, just be patient.

_: trust me, i want them back just as badly as you do.

(Aang settles to rest his chin on the table dejectedly. A moment later there is a rapping on the front door.)

Aang: (popping up eagerly) Wow, you're right! Patience really pays off. (rushes to open the door) Joo Dee?!

Joo Dee: (with usual eerie grin and careful speech) Hello, Aang and Katara and Sokka and Toph. (the other three gather to talk to her)

Sokka: What happened to you? Did the Dai Li throw you in jail?

Joo Dee: (dismissively) What, jail? Of course not. The Dai Li are the protectors of our cultural heritage.

Toph: But you disappeared at the Earth King's party.

Joo Dee: Oh, I simply took a short vacation to Lake Laogai, out in the country. It was quite relaxing. (Sokka's face shows clear suspicion)

Katara: But then they replaced you with some other woman who also said her name was Joo Dee.