37

Sokka: So, what kind of trouble is Katara in?

Aang: (worried) I don't know. In my vision, I just knew she needed help.

Sokka: It would be nice if your Avatar powers could be just a little more specific from time to time.

(A rumbling noise is heard and Sokka points to the ground.)

Sokka: What is that?!

(Down below, Toph is racing over the hills, leaving a large trail of dust. Aang brings Appa down to her level.)

Sokka: Need a ride?

Toph: Ahhh!

(Toph is startled by Sokka and loses her concentration. The mounds she is earth skating on fall apart and Toph tumbles to the ground. Aang and Sokka watch painfully.)

Aang and Sokka: Oooo!

Toph: So how did it go with the Guru? Did you master the Avatar State?

(Aang groans nervously. Flash back)

Guru Pathik: If you leave now, you won't be able to go into the Avatar State at all!

(End of flash back.)

Sokka: Aang, are you ok?

Aang: (smiling sheepishly) I'm great. It went great with the Guru. I completely mastered the Avatar State. Heh heh...heh. Yeah.

_: why do i get the feeling your lying

Appa flying towards the Earth King's palace. Cut to Aang _, Sokka, and Toph in the throne room speaking to the Earth King. Bosco is resting next to the Earth King.)

Earth King: Katara's fine. You have nothing to worry about.

Aang: But, in my vision. I felt so sure that she was in trouble.

Earth King: Well, she met with the Council of Generals to plan the invasion. And since then she's been off with your friends, the Kyoshi Warriors.

Sokka: See Aang? She's with Suki. They're probably back at our apartment right now, talking about make up or something.

Aang: Ok, maybe you're right.

Earth King: Believe me, if there was any danger at all, Bosco's animal instinct would sense it.

(Bosco raises his head, blinking and grunting inquisitively.

Cut to Katara pacing around a cave lit by glowing green crystals. She here's a rumbling noise and looks up towards the steep tunnel leading outside. The stone blocking the entrance is slid away by a Dai Li agent. Another agent appears holding Zuko.)

Dai Li Agent: You've got company.

(The agent throws pushes Zuko forward and he tumbles to the bottom near Katara.)

Katara: (surprised) Zuko!

(Katara's expression quickly turns from amazement to loathing. Zuko gets to his knees and stares back at Katara as the Dai Li seal the entrance.

Shift scenes to the house in the upper ring Aang and his friends have been staying in. The wall that Toph had destroyed is being reconstructed. Appa lands in front of the house and Aang, Sokka and Toph run inside. Upon entry, Momo lala and faith greet them by chattering excitedly and climbing on Aang's shoulders.)

Aang: Momo!

(The camera pans across the living room. Katara is nowhere to be seen.)

Toph: There's no one else here.