27

Aang, _ Sokka, Katara, and Appa sleeping. Cut to Aang leaping into the air excitedly.)

Aang: Today's the day! Can you believe it? After all that time searching for a teacher, I'm finally starting earthbending! And this place... i-it's perfect! Don't you think, Sokka?

_: well, im glad your excited about it.

(Sokka rolls over, giving Aang an angry look. He moans.)

Aang: Oh, you're still sleeping, huh?

(Sokka moans again and rolls back over.)

Aang: (whispering) Sorry!

_: hes either always tired always hungryor telling bad jokes... hes pradictable

(The ground begins to shake and Aang takes a step backward. Cut to Toph's rock tent which suddenly explodes, revealing Toph standing with a fist in the air.)

Toph: Good morning, earthbending students!

(Cut back to Aang. Toph walks up to him and he bows slightly.)

katara: what do you mean 'students'

_: thops teaching me stances, just to keep myself well trained and flex, nothing crazy about it. anyway (turns to toph) morning heard head

toph: smarty pants (she smiled)

Aang: Good morning, sifu Toph.

Katara: (sleepily) Hey... you never call me sifu Katara.

Aang: Well, if you think I should...

(Sokka sits up and grumbles angrily)

Toph: Sorry, snoozles. We'll do our earthbending as quietly as we can.

(She kicks the ground and cracks travel toward Sokka. a large spire of rock shoots up underneath him. Sokka screams as he's launched into the air. He hits the ground with a thud, then gets up and bounces toward Aang and Toph, grumbling angrily. )

Aang: So what move are you going to teach me first? Rockalanche? The trembler? Oh! Maybe I can learn to make a whirlpool out of land!

(He holds his arms up and spins around. Toph slaps a hand on his chest to stop him.)

Toph: Let's start with "move a rock".

Aang: Sounds good! Sounds good!

_ giggles at his behavior

Aang and Toph each stand in front of a boulder. Katara watches from a rock outcropping nearby.

Toph: The key to earthbending is your stance. (She lowers herself and widens the distance between her feet. Aang tries to imitate her. _ does the stance perfectly) You've got to be steady and strong. Rock is a stubborn element. (She shoves Aang, causing him to stumble to the side.) If you're going to move it, you've got to be like a rock yourself. look ate smarty, shes not even an eath bender and shes like a rock. (she tries to knock _ over but she wouldnt budge)

Aang: Like a rock. Got it.

(He rubs his side where she shoved him. Cut to Toph. She straightens up.)

Toph: Good. Now the actual motion of this one is pretty simple. (She lunges forward and punches, causing the boulder to shoot off into the distance, slamming into the side of the canyon.) Okay, you ready to give it a try?

(Aang takes up a similar stance.)

Aang: I'm ready.

(His eyes narrow and he punches forward, but a blast of air sends him shooting backward. He slams into Appa's side and falls on his face. The camera zooms out, showing Sokka, still in his sleeping bag, sitting on a nearby rock.)