013

Elena laid in bed, Katsuki on her chest as he slept peacefully. Elena however, was wide away, her eyes scanning the room. The thoughts of the conversation they had before, kept her awake.

_______________

"Can we talk?" Katsuki asked, his voice soft and gentle as he spoke to her as if she would break if he spoke louder. "Yeah? What's up my love?" Elena asked, putting the pen down on the math book, in which she had been studying on for hours.

"I just thought I'd let you know the shit about In the stupid nightmares." Katsuki uttered lowly, making Elena sigh. "Yeah?" Elena said tenderly, her voice as soft as a pillow as she spoke with a smile. Katsuki's whole body seemed to have relaxed at the sound of her calm voice.

Katsuki spoke with a shaky voice, slightly trembling. "Well...it's the same dream every time..they mostly consist of waking up beside you in bed, only to find out that you were sleeping. But as I lay on your chest, I don't hear your breathing..." Katsuki says slowly, his voice trailing off as small tears envelop his eyes as he replayed the dream in his head.

"Kat..." Elena trailed off, her voice full of pity. "The dream always ends with your dad announcing your death. It's been going on for fucking days...perhaps weeks and it's haunting me." Katsuki mumbled, tears falling from his cheeks. Elena stood up from her desk chair and approached the bed, only to hug him tightly as she sat down.

Katsuki clawed at her t-shirt, or rather, his t-shirt as he cried. "I just want it to stop, Elena. Can't we just kill the stupid bastard?" Katsuki asked, tears falling onto her shirt as he sobbed. "I know..my precious Katsuki. I wish it was possible...but there's no sign of him.." Elena explained, running her fingers through his hair, hearing him sob. A few tears left her eyes at the sound of his sobbing voice.

Elena felt him tremble in her arms. She looked down at him, feeling a tight grip in her heart at the sight of him. Another thought had haunted her, ever since she came across his night terrors.

'I should've never gotten him dragged into this.'

________________

A thought which had particularly set her mind on fire was the fact that he was unwillingly acquainted with Junichiro only because of her, resulting in her guilt.

She ran her fingers through his hair, his breathing soothing her. 'But then again...he knew what he was up for when we got together...he's been with me since, even through all the shit we went through.' Elena thought, a smile on her face as she looked at the boy who even stayed by her side during her 10 months of being asleep.

'My precious Katsuki..'

____________

Sitting in class, Elena took notes, her head running as she listened in closely to Hizashi. It was two and a half weeks left before summer break started and Elena felt the need to catch up properly before then. She wasn't allowed to take the finals considering her absence, she simply wasn't able to. Of course Shota had promised her that she would be able to take both the practical and the written exam for winter break. Since she was currently both studying the things she learned in class, and the things she had missed, her head was at its peak.

She's only lucky that they did everything before the war so they wouldn't get behind in anything after it. But even so, she was still behind a few months. 

She wanted to do as much work as possible before the trip to Okinawa, so she wouldn't have to dwell on it too much for summer break. Shota had told her she needed to bring her school stuff there so she could study during break.