017

"So...uhm...Elena! How is it going in school right now?" Ellie asked, trying to break the awkward silence in the room while Elena picked at her food.

Katsuki had a hand on her thigh, squeezing it. "Yeah...I'm behind in a lot...but it's going good I guess.." Elena told her, not looking up.

The day before, Shota had told her that they would be having dinner with Ellie, and of course Elena needed Katsuki to be there, and that's what she proposed.

__________

"Ellie wants to have a dinner with you." Shota told her, refusing to look at her. "What? I thought you said things weren't that serious?" Elena asked him. Katsuki had immediately backed off at the mention of Ellie.

"Yeah well...she wants to clear some things out I guess.." Shota told her, scratching the back of his head. Elena cringed and looked at him. "Yeah, but only if Katsuki is there, I need the mental support."

___________

Now, the four of them sat at a dinner table in some fancy restaurant. "I'm helping her out." Katsuki told her, trying to start a flowing conversation.

"Oh, really? I know it can be hard now since you weren't able to take the exams either." Ellie said, turning the conversation to Elena. "Yeah, well, you could say that." Elena told her monotone.

And the conversation died again.

Ellie cleared her throat. "Elena, I just want you to know, I'm not here to try and uh...steal your dad or something...I'm just here to clear some things with you. And get to know you." Ellie told her, making Elena's red eyes glance up at her.

"Very well. Ask me anything." Elena told her leaning back in the chair as Katsuki rubbed her bare skin on her thigh. Elena was wearing a plain dark blue dress while Katsuki wore a white button up and a pair of black pants.

"Okay, well, what do you like to do?" Ellie asked, making Elena catch her breath in her throat. 'I didn't expect that. I thought it'd be something like 'what'd you like about your childhood?' Spoiler alert, nothing.' Elena thought, only to hum for a second.

"I like training with dad, Katsu and Izuku...I guess...cooking is also fine.." Elena said shyly, turning her gaze as her cheeks flushed a slight color of red. "Bullshit. You're great at cooking. She always makes the food back at the dorms." Katsuki exposed her.

Elena snapped her head in Katsuki's way, only to be met with his mischievous smirk. All in all, Katsuki knew Elena needed some type of maternal figure in her life, and Ellie could fill in that role.

"Is that so? What do you recommend?" Ellie asked, a smile on her face. "Her Spicy Katsudon is the best, but I'd say desert wise, it's her waffles, churros included." Katsuki said, making Elena's face turn a bright red. "You have to make me some one day!" Ellie told Elena, smiling brightly at her.

"I-...okay." Elena trailed off. Shota smiled at the scene. In all honesty, he had gotten fond of Ellie. Quite literally, he had feelings for her. But deep down he knew nobody could ever, ever replace Yuko. She was deeply embroidered into his heart, and she wouldn't disappear anytime soon.

But he liked Ellie, he thought she could be the one to fulfill the empty spot in Elena's life. He wanted her to have a mother figure. He really did. But he also needed a figure to guide him through things in his life as well.

"Now, what do you do in weights? That's some crazy arm muscles, coming from a pro hero!" Ellie asked her. "Well..since it's a drag getting used to my prosthetic arm...I do a lot of weights." Elena told her, scratching the back of her head.