073

Christmas went by in a flash, everyone having fun and enjoying their time together. Elena went back to work soon enough, being allowed to work with Yuko on an internship, however she was allowed to go out with Hitoshi to work as well. Seeing as Katsuki had a contract with Endeavor that went till his school ended, he couldn't just move to Yuko's.

Hitoshi's contract was less prisoning, he could leave whenever he saw fit, so he did and went to partner up with Elena.

Elena and Hitoshi walked side by side down the street, patrolling. "How are you and Katsuki?" Hitoshi asked as Elena kept her quirk on the entire time to make sure she could feel if anyone was in danger. "It's going well. We're trying to breathe a little. But we still write Goodmorning and goodnight every day. There are also nights when we text till we go to sleep. But we haven't hung out since before break." She told him, only to feel a sudden stiffness in her spine.

"There." She looked down an alleyway before she and him were darting in the way of that place.

Elena's eyes widened when she saw a little girl being slung at a wall by an older man. Remaining quiet, she was quick to teleport behind the man before he could grab her throat. She used her quirk to reprimand him. Her telekinesis surrounded him and kept him still.

The little girl ran up to Hitoshi and hugged him at his legs. "What do you think you're doing?" Elena asked the man and turned him around using her telekinesis.

"She needs to learn a lesson! She shouldn't even be here!" He barely spoke as Elena felt anger well up in her. "Okay, sir we're taking you back to the police station and they will take care of you." She sighed and eyed Hitoshi whom patted the little girl's head.

"Let's go."

_____

"Thank you, Psycho, Shinso. We'll take care of the child here. Your service is appreciated!" The receptionist said with a smile as Elena and Hitoshi as nodded.

She eyed the little crying girl in that hadn't let Hitoshi go once. "What's your name, little one?" Elena asked, crouching down and looking at her. The little girl turned shyly and looked at Elena, before sniffling.

"R-Rika..." She stuttered as Hitoshi kept a hand on her head. "Rika, well. Can you do something for me?" Elena asked, letting out a calming sense of aura. She nodded a little, her small glimmering blue eyes staring right back at hers. "Can you follow this nice lady so she can take you some place nice? You'll have a nice bed and get lots of food! Doesn't that sound nice?" Elena asked and held out a small lollipop for her.

The little girl took the lollipop before nodding, finally letting go of Hitoshi.

"Okay.." She nodded, looking at her. The police lady held out her hand for Rika to take. "Hey, make sure she goes somewhere safe." Elena told the lady, her eyes serious. "Yes, of course." She said and walked away as Hitoshi put a hand on her shoulder.

"Let's go. We were supposed to clock out thirty minutes ago." He told her, as they began walking out of the building.

"Well, at least we did something today."

_______

Elena entered the apartment, Yuko still at work while Shota stood in the kitchen making dinner. She could smell it. "Hey dad, I'm home!" Her voice echoed, however he didn't seem to hear anything as he spoke to another voice.

Elena quirked an eyebrow and entered the kitchen. A smile appeared on her face as she looked into the eyes she had missed dearly. "Katsu!" She yelped and ran up to him before wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him.

"Hi beautiful." He smiled as Shota stood awkwardly and made food.
As he put her down, Elena was quick to hug Shota as well. "What are you doing here?" Elena asked, smiling at Katsuki.