Night child

Moon's Pov:

Once I transformed I found Y/n crying into my chest for what ever reason.

'sun?'

'yes moon?'

'why is Y/n crying?'

'...'

'sun-'

'their mom is dead and they just found out.'

"Oh my god! Moon! What happened?!" a female voice said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Y/n just found out that their mom died." I said looking at the now passed out
Y/n.

"Oh-" said Vanessa, the owner to the female voice.

"Oh!? This kids parent just died and all you have to say is Oh!" I said, pissed off at Vanessa's comment.

"Whatever. I'm calling child protection services." Said Vanessa practically ignoring what I said.

"What?! Why? I didn't do anything wrong!" I said.

"I know you didn't, but Y/n and their siblings have nowhere to stay since their mom is dead." Vanessa said like it was no big deal.

"But they can stay here! All of them!" I exclaimed.

Vanessa sighed.

"I do not get paid enough. Okay, keep them, I don't care." She said leaving the play structure and coming back a second later with Zoey and Oliver.

"Oh! The lights come on in about three minutes so, besides if you want them to turn on, I'll turn off the generators." She said.

"It's fine, turn them off Y/n sould sleep. Same with Oliver and Zoey I guess." I say.

_____

3rd person pov:

As Vanessa left, moon, still holding you, grabbed three sleeping bags and a couple pillows. Setting all of the stuff down, moon put you into a sleeping bag and had Oliver and Zoey get in the other two.

"Do you want a story or something?" Moon asked.

"Oh! A story!" Said Oliver.

"Alright." Moon said, going up to a book shelf and grabbing a random book.

"Night child." He started.

"Once appon a time,
There was a girl who was allergic to the sun."

"This girl would spend all her time in a cabin with no windows waiting for the sun to set and for the moon to rise."

"And once it did, she would go to the lake and talk to the moon for hours but with no response."

"This time though, it was different."

"This time the moon spoke to her."

"My dear child, close your eyes and listen here."

"You are beautiful and kind."

"You shouldn't let the sun stop you from showing the world your beauty."

"Tomorrow is a new day where you'll be able to show the world who you really are!"

"But for now, keep your eyes closed and sleep."

"That night the girl fell asleep next to the moon and the lake."

"But that morning, when she woke up, the girl was in immense pain."

"The sun was out, causing her skin to burn."

"Unsure of what to do, the girl jumped into the lake without thinking."

"Floating was getting harder for the girl."

"As she slowly sank, the last thing she saw was the Moon."

"Now, every night, the girl can be seen on the moon talking and laughing with it."

"The end."

Zoey and Oliver had fallen asleep, surprisingly without moondrops.

Word count : 527 words.