Voices

Then, the lights turned off and I saw Monty? I mean, what was I expecting? Snow white and the seven dwarfs?

"What is a daycare employee doing here after hours?!" Monty asked.

"Be quiet or Moon will hear you!" I whisper-screamed.

"I don't care about Moon, I wanna know what you're doing here!" Monty said as he looked at me angrily.

"I was locked in and forgot my keys." I said.

Monty let out an annoyed huff and grabbed my wrist. He started to drag me out of Gator's golf. I immediately started to panic.

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I screamed, forgetting about Moon for a second.

"I'm bringing you to Vanessa so she can get you out of here, kid!" Monty screamed back at me.

I started to claw at Monty's hand try to get out of his grasp as he struggled to find Vanny in the dark. Eventually, I slipped out of his hold and ran. I didn't want to get found by Vanessa. I couldn't get caught by her. I turned a sharp corner and watched Monty roll past me without even realizing. I ran back to the daycare. I'd rather deal with moon than Vanny and Montgomery Gator. Plus, the lights would only be off for a little more time. I quickly slid down the slide and ran. Maybe moon hadn't turned evil. Maybe I could still find him.

____
...

'psychosis.'

'what?' I asked, or thought.

'nothing. Just stop fighting.'

'i told you, I'm not going to give in to this kill code.' I said angrily.

'don't anger yourself. It'll trick you into giving in. Like it did with me.' moon thought.

Moon had a short temper, just not as short as Montgomery's. It took advantage of that and now mainly controls him.

'I'm not going to get angry. Don't worry.' I thought.

'i know, sun. Just making sure.' moon said.

Moon temporarily could gain control. Just not for long.

'i hope y/n is okay.' I said.

'they won't be for long.' it laughed.

I didn't even know it could laugh. Moon wasn't in control for a long time. How long until he gets fully corrupted?

_____
Y/n's pov:

"Moon?! Sun?!" I called out while trying to exit the ball pit.

I heard shuffling, then walking, then running. I backed away and just as something lunged at me, the lights turned on. I was caught off guard by sun hugging me.

"Oh, thank goodness you're alive! Where have you been?!" Sun asked.

"I've been trying not to fucking die!" I said.

"Y/n, language!" Sun scolded.

"Right, sorry." I said.

Sun hugged me tight before putting me down.

"Why did you run away from Moon? He didn't hurt you did he?!" Sun asked.

"What do you mean? Moon disappeared. I didn't run away from him." I said.

I lied, well, I told a half truth. I didn't want Sun to worry about Moon turning evil or something. It's Vanessa's fault anyway. She's the one we should be worried about anyways.

"Poor, oblivious Y/n..."

I gasped. my eyes widened at the voice and I clinged to sun out of fear when I heard it.

"Are you alright, sunshine?" Sun asked.

"You didn't hear- nevermind. I-I'm fine." I let go of sun.

I'm just hearing things. It was just my imagination. Right? I don't need to worry.

Right?...

Word count: 574 words