Purrcy

__time skip__

It was naptime and I was talking to moon about random things.

"Did you know that Vanessa still works here?" I say.

"Yes, she's in my employee database." Moon said.

"Oh, right." I say, a little embarrassed that I didn't think of that.

"I do think it's a bit weird, though. You'd think she would've found a better place to work at." I commented.

"What's wrong with working here?" Moon asked.

"Nothing is wrong with working here. It's just that Vanessa has been working here for at least four years. Don't you think that's a bit weird?" I say.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Moon said.

Me and moon chatted a bit more until he went and turned the lights on and sun took his place.

"Alright everyone! It's snack time!" Sun said to wake the children up.

The kids got up, put their sleeping bags away and went to the table for snack time. Once everyone was at the table, me and sun distributed the snacks, Apples and juice boxes, to the kids.

__time skip__

Sun was playing tag with some kids while I was at the arts and crafts corner with other children.

"Mx. Y/n, Can you show please me how to draw Moon?" Julia, who was at the arts and crafts corner with me, asked.

"Sure. How come you want to draw him?" I asked while grabbing some paper and pencils.

"Mr. Sun has a board to put drawings on and I saw alot of drawings of him, but none of moon." Julia said.

"Well that's nice of you." I say as I show her the steps for drawing moon.

I'm not the best artist, but at least it won't look like a two year old drew it. Once she finished copying the steps, Julia coloured in her drawing.

"You should keep the drawing until tomorrow so you can give it to moon himself." I said.

Julia nodded and left to go show her sister, Kimberly, the drawing.

__time skip__

It was 4:30 pm and I was in the living room with Gregory watching whatever was on the tv waiting for Quinn to come home and make supper.

"I'm home!" I heard Quinn say as she opened the front door.

I got up to go say hi to Quinn, but instead I saw her holding a little black kitten.

"Why do you have a cat?" Gregory asked from behind me.

"It's a kitten and I found him on the side of the street. I almost ran him over. Poor thing." Quinn said.

"Should I call a vet?" I asked.

"Actually, yeah. You should." Quinn said as she took off her shoes.

"Gregory, can you get a towel? The poor thing is probably freezing!" Quinn said.

Gregory nodded and left for the bathroom to grab a towel.

"Quinn, it's the middle of summer. I doubt it's that cold." I said.

"Y/n, he's a baby. His body temperature will be low." Quinn said.

"Where's Bill, by the way?" She asked.

"His work shift started earlier today because some kid spilled a soda on a random painting." I said.

Gregory came back with a towel and wrapped it around the kitten while I called the nearest vet in our area.

__time skip__

It was 9 pm and Quinn, who had left earlier for the vet's office, had come home with the kitten, that we decided to name Purrcy, and a couple heating pads. Quinn set up the heating pads in her room to be able to watch over Purrcy during the night and made a quick supper for everyone to eat before we went to bed.

Word count: 615 words