Sunny

____A week later____

Sun's pov:

I woke up in my room and heard a couple kids playing 'Did I boot up too late?' I thought. Looking at my internal clock, I saw it was 7:00. 'Doesn't the daycare open at 7:30?' Going up to my balcony, I saw that it was just Oliver and Zoey playing while Sunshine was on their phone.

Going down, I went up to y/n hugged them.

"Good morning sunshine! Aren't you guys hungry? I don't think you ate last night." I said.

"Good morning sun. Also, I guess that we didn't eat but it's not like we have any money to buy food. So we just have to wait until lunch." They said.

"Oh! That shouldn't be the case! I'll be back." I said leaving for the food court.

__10 minutes later__

Sun's pov:

Coming back into the daycare with some snacks, I saw sunshine playing what looks like a game of tag with their siblings. Putting down the snacks, I joined them for a little bit before telling them to eat so they won't be hungry during the day.

"Uhm, sunshine, shouldn't you eat a little?" I asked.

"No. I'm not hungry anyways, Sunny." They said.

"Wha- Sunny?! Where did that come from?!" I asked.

"What? I'm not allowed to give you a nickname too?" Y/n said, giggling a little.

"I- No you are! I love it! It just caught me off guard that's all!" I said.

Once the snacks were finished, I cleaned up the area everyone was at and left to go open the doors to the daycare since it was 7:30.

___later/naptime___

Moon's pov:

"Alright, so do you kids want a story or a lullaby for naptime?" I asked.

I heard murmurs from the kids before they asked for a story.

"Okay. Does anyone have a story in particular they want me to read?" I said.

I heard more murmurs before hearing no from the kids.

Grabbing a random book from the bookshelves, I cleared my throat, even if it wasn't necessary, and started reading.

"The little Goblin child."

"Once apon a time, there was a goblin named Brynn who hated to sleep.

'mother. Why do I have to sleep?' the little Goblin asked.

'because child, if you don't, you will fall asleep when you need to be up the most.' said the goblin's mother.

The next night the goblin asked again.

'mother. Why do I have to sleep?' the goblin child asked.

'because darling, if you don't, you will fall asleep when you need to be up the most.' said the goblin's mother.

The next few nights, the goblin asked again. But this time the mom answered differently.

'well child, why don't you find out why by staying up tonight.' she said.

In the morning, the goblin was very tired.

'good morning, Brynn. Are you ready for your exam today?' asked Brynn's mother.

'I have an exam?!' said Brynn in shock.

'oh yes child and you should leave now if you don't want to be late.' said the mother.

After the day, Brynn the goblin came back home very disappointed.

'hello child! How did the exam go?!' asked mother.

' I fell asleep during it and got an F.' said the little goblin child.

'well, now you know why you can't stay up. For you will fall asleep when you need to be up the most.'

The end." I finished the book and saw that everyone was asleep.

Putting the book back, I went to walk around a little bit unsure of what to do until the lights turn on.

3rd person pov:

As moon walked around the daycare and the play structures, he hadn't noticed the bunny lady behind him.

Word count: 629 words.