hide & seek

"Sorry isn't an apology."

"Y/n, I-" Moon was cut off by the lights turning on.

_______

Sun's pov:

I switched on to see Y/n standing next to me with tears prickling the corners of their eyes.

"Sunshine, are you okay?" I ask.

"I- yeah I'm fine." They said while wiping away the tears.

"Alright, well let's get the children up." I said.

Y/n was obviously not fine. But they didn't seem hurt. Maybe I should ask Moon.

'uhm- Moon?'

'Yes, sun?'

'what's wrong with Y/n?'

No answer.

'Moon, I asked you a question.'

Still, no answer.

'well, your no help.'

"Sun, you good?" I heard Y/n say.

"I- yeah I'm good." I say.

"Well, the kids wanna know if you want to play hide n seek with them." They say.

"Oh! That sounds great! I'll count!" I say enthusiastically.

"1..."

"2..."

"3..."

"4..."

"5..."

"6..."

"7..."

"8..."

"9..."

"10! Ready or not, here I come!"

The daycare is dead silent and everyone is hiding. Even Sunshine is hiding, or at least helping, with the kids.

__ 6 minutes later__

I've found everyone fairly quickly. Well, almost everyone, there is still Y/n and two other kids, Kimberly and Julia.

As I searched the play structures, I heard a sneeze from one of the slides. I slowly crawled down the slide, not wanting to run into one of the kids, and there I saw Kimberly.

"Found you, Kimberly!" I say.

"Do you know where Y/n and Julia are?" I ask.

"I do, but what's in it for me if I tell you?" Asked Kimberly.

"You can get one Sundrop candy." I say.

"Hmmm. Make it five and I'll tell you." She said.

"Two." I said.

"Three" Kimberly said.

"Deal." I say.

"Alright, well I know that the both of them were on the roofs of the play structures but I'm not sure if they moved or not." Kimberly said.

"Thanks. You can join the others in the arts and crafts corner." I say as I hand Julia the Sundrops.

Kimberley nodded and left. As I climbed the play structures, I could hear the others laughing and talking while doing arts and crafts.

Once on the play structure roofs, I could hear shushing.

"Julia? Y/n? Where are you?" I say pretending not to have heard the two.

I saw Julia peak her head out from behind the roof. I continue to pretend like I didn't see her and start wandering around. Once out of sight of the young girl, I sneak up behind her and pick Julia up.

"I found you!" I say as Julia tries to get out of my grasp.

Then, I hear laughing from where Julia was and I saw that it was Y/n.

"Hey! Don't laugh! This isn't funny!" Julia says.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You're right I shouldn't be laughing." Sunshine says while still giggling a little.

"Anyways, that was fun, but I think we should go join the other now." Y/n said.

"Oh! You're right! Let's go!" I say as I was already going down to the main floor, Julia in one of my arms.

"Hey! Wait up!" Y/n says.

Word count: 538 words