Long day

__dream land__

I was walking around my house, alone, when I heard the noise of a vase breaking.

"Who's there?!" I call out.

No answer.

Going towards the bathroom, witch is where I heard the noise, I hear a sickening laugh.

"You've got a nice house, ya know." The fucking bunny lady said from behind me.

Turning around, I meet face to face with her.

She laughed again.

She put her hand on my shoulder and a pulled out a knife.

I wake up in a cold sweat at 4 in the morning to my phone buzzing. Opening it, I see that my boss was calling me.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"𝐎𝐡, 𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐲/𝐧" my boss said.

"Is there something you need?" i ask.

"𝐘𝐞𝐬, a𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐲. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲." he said.

"You're kidding?" I say.

"𝐒𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲, 𝐧𝐨. 𝐎𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞!" he said.

"Alright, thanks. Bye." I say.

"𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞!" he said before hanging up.

Annoyed, I got up and started doing my morning routine. Get dressed, wake up Gregory, put my shoes on and leave with Gregory.

We arrived at the pizza Plex around 5:45 and wouldn't be able to enter until 6.

"Why did we have to wake up so early?" Gregory asked.

"It wasn't my fault that our boss called me at 4 in the morning. Speaking of which, I have to work the morning and the afternoon shift so I won't be home until late." I tell Gregory.

"You know Quinn and Bill won't be happy." Gregory said.

"Yeah, well it's not like I have a choice." I say in-between a yawn.

After a couple minutes, Vanessa had opened the staff door for employees to enter. Vanessa waved to me and Gregory as she headed out to her car.

__time skip__

I was on my lunch break with Gregory when I heard a kid crying. Looking around the food court, I saw a little boy Whitout his parents crying.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

The kid backed away from me and started crying even more.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. My name is Y/n and I work at the daycare here, at the pizza Plex. Do you mind telling me what's wrong?" I ask.

The boy calmed down and said:

"M-me and m-my brother left f-for Gator's g-golf without my mommy a-and daddy and now I c-can't find a-any of them!" The boy, who looked around 6 or 7, said.

"Where did you last see your parents?" I asked.

Gregory came over to us.

"I s-saw them a-at the f-food court b-but I c-can't find them!" The boy said.

"Hey, don't worry, bud. We will help you find your parents." Gregory said.

"Do you know your parents name?" I asked.

"N-no." The little boy said.

"Can you tell me your name, then?" I asked.

The boy nodded and said:

"My n-name is Jamie J-Jackson." He said.

"Alright, Jamie. I'm going to bring you to the front desk where we will make an announcement for the search of your parents." Gregory said.

Jamie nodded and followed Gregory to the the front desk while I went to Gator's golf  to search for Jamie's brother. Not long after, I heard an announcement for the search of two parents looking for their child, Jamie Jackson.

__time skip__

After a while of searching I found Jamie's brother and brought him back to the front desk where the both of the would wait for their parents.

I went back to the daycare just before my break ended. Kids flooded the daycare almost immediately.

"Sun! Sun! Can we play tag?" A kid said.

"No! We should play hide n seek!" An other one said.

"We should play house!" A younger one said.

"But I wanna do arts n crafts!" An other one said.

"Alright, alright, everyone. How about we play tag?" Sun said.

Sun got a chorus of boos and cheers while I watched. Sun diverted his gaze to me witch looked overwhelmed.

"I think playing hide and seek is a good idea, sun." I said, to try and help sun.

"Great! I'll be the tagger and you all have to run!" Sun said.

The children scattered throughout the daycare trying to get away from sun as fast as they could.

"Shouldn't you go and run too?" Sun asked.

"Nah. I'd rather help you tag the kids." I said.

Sun laughed and started running after the kids. I followed soon after.

__time skip__

It was finally naptime and I was exhausted. During the game of tag, two kids had hurt themselves and I had to deal with it.

Like I said yesterday, I had Julia stay up to give moon the drawing she made of him and he was really happy.

"Thank you, Julia. This is such a cute drawing of me!" Moon said.

Julia hugged moon before going to her sleeping bag. Moon hung the drawing on the drawing board Julia had mentioned and joined me on a bean bag.

"Are you okay, starlight? You seem tired. I can grab you a sleeping bag if you want." Moon said.

"I'm fine. Just having a long day." I said while pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Moon asked.

"No, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I said.

"Alright. If you say so." Moon said.

Moon and I sat in awkward silence for a bit until he had to turn the lights back on.

The kids are their snacks and everyone left to go do something wether that was arts and crafts or tag.

"Hey, sun? Shouldn't you be playing with the kids?" I asked.

Sun, who seemed caught up in thought, said:

"Right, yes, sorry."

He left for the arts and crafts corner meaning I would be stuck with the more active kids playing in the play structures.

Word count: 1021 words.