sorry isn't an apology

"So Y/n, what are you gonna do when you see moon?" Gregory asks.

"I hadn't even thought about moon. What if he still is crazy? What if he hurts one of the kids?! What if-" I say.

"Y/n! Calm down! Your fine. I'm sure moon won't hurt anyone." Gregory says.

"Gregory, how do you know that?! You saw what he did to me! And all he did was throw me off him!" I say.

"I- look I promise you'll be fine. Same with the kids. Do you really think management wouldn't have checked sun and moon if all the other animatronics were bugging?" Gregory says.

"I- no your right, I'm sorry I'll go." I say feeling bad that I screamed at him.

"I sould go too my shift re-starts in ten." Gregory says.

Both him and me split ways.

Arriving at the daycare, I decide to use the doors instead of the slide. when inside though, I don't see sun.

"Sunny?! You there?" I call out.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier!" Still nothing.

"The kids are going to be here soon ya'know!" That got him to peak his head out from the play structures.

"Sun, I saw you! Come out!" I say.

When sun got out of the play structures, I asked him why he was hiding but he didn't answer.

___time skip___

All the kids had come back already and we're running around with sun while I was with other kids in the arts and crafts area. Then, I heard sun exclaim:

"Alright everyone! It's naptime!"

Those words were the last I wanted to hear. All the kids had gotten into the middle of the daycare and were layed into bean bags. I had looked at sun who was already at the security desk and braced for the worst.

Click

The lights were turned off.

I was expecting to hear a thud or bang but nothing.

I had exhaled the breath I didn't even realize I was holding and opened my eyes to see a shocked looking moon starting at me.

"Hi moon..." I whispered not wanting to wake the children up.

"You- I-" moon seemed too stunned to speak.

Moon walked towards me and I flinched. He stopped for a second then blurted our the words:

"I'm sorry" he said as he walked passed me and towards the kids.

'I'm sorry?! That's all he had to say?! He traumatized me! He murdered my siblings! He-' my thoughts were cut off by the doors to the daycare opening. It was Gregory.

"Gregory the fuck are you- why are you holding a bunch of boxes?" I ask.

"Uhm there for snack time." He says.

"Why do you have to bring them here?" I ask.

"I don't. Technically you have too." Gregory said.

"Oh. My bad sorry."  I say as I grab a box to help him out.

"Anyways, how's moon?" He asks.

"He hasn't killed anyone yet so I guess good." I say sarcastically.

"Well I gotta get back to Fazer Blast. See you later." Gregory says as he places the snack boxes down.

When I put my box down, I turn to see moon starting at me. He looks sad. Maybe I should say something.

"Hey, you good?" I ask.

"Yes I'm fine. Who was that you were talking to?" He asks.

"Oh- uhm it was Gregory." I say.

"How's it been since the fire?" I ask.

"Me and sun were only powered on a couple days ago so I couldn't tell you." Moon says.

"Anyways, how's it been on your part?" He asks.

"Oh. I've been through alot of foster care. And therapy..." I mumble the last part.

"Well how come you and Gregory were able to stay in touch?" He asks.

"The both of us went through foster care together." I say.

"Oh. How are your siblings?" He asks.

"Dead. Their dead. You killed them." I say in a cold tone.

"I- wha-" moon was too stunned to speak.

"You don't remember anything from that night do you?" I ask.

"No, I don't. I wasn't in control. Neither was sun." He says.

"Then why didn't sun try to kill me?!" I whisper-screamed.

"What?" Moon says.

"You almost killed me and Gregory! I still have a fucking scar!" I whisper-screamed.

"Ok, y/n, calm down." Moon says.

"Calm down?! Moon, you killed my siblings and almost did the same to me!" I say as tears prickle the corners of my eyes.

"Look. I'm sorry-" moon said until I cut him off saying:

"Sorry isn't an apology."

Word count: 769 words.