Rises the moon

_____7:10 am_____

Mom pov:

I was driving the kids to the pizza Plex as fast as I could because if I missed my flight, I would lose my job. Just like how I lost my husband six months ago.

Just as soon as they all got out of the car, I was speeding off to the nearest highway.

___8:20 am___

Still Mom's pov:

Pulling out of the highway, I saw a semi truck coming towards me at full speed. Before I could do anything, it hit my car.

___8:30 am___

Mom's pov:

Everything around me was fading to black. I couldn't die. Not like this. My kids...

__11 pm__

3rd person pov:

As y/n guessed it, their mom never came. Nobody came to go get them. They were never going to see their mom again.

"Moon?" Y/n asked.

"Yes, starlight?" Answered moon.

"Where are we supposed to stay now that-
That my mom is dead." Y/n said.

"I guess here. Besides, if there is someone you know who will take care of you." Moon said.

"I- oh my gosh I don't have anyone! I don't even know where to go! I don't even know how to take care of my siblings! I don't know where to stay! I don't even know what I'm supposed to eat!" Said Y/n, sobbing in-between words.

"It's okay Starlight. Everything will work out. I promise." Moon said while gently petting your head to calm you down.

"Now, you sould get some rest. I doubt you want to be tired tomorrow." He said.

"I- You're right." Y/n said, wiping away tears.

"Do you want me to sing you a lullaby?" He asked.

"Yeah, that would be nice." Said Y/n.

"Alright." Moon said clearing his throat afterwards.

"Days seems sometimes as if they'd never end.

Sun digs it's heels to taunt you.

But after sunny days, one thing stays the same, rises the moon.

Days fade into a watercolor blur.

Memories swim and haunt you.

But look into the lake.

Simmering like smoke.

Rises the moon.

Oh-oh close your weary eyes.

I promise you that soon the autumn comes to darken fading summer skies.

Breathe, breathe, breathe."

Y/n had fallen asleep. Getting up, Moon left for his room to charge for the rest of the night.

Word count 402 words