I'll Be Nice At First, Then I Won't: Dad!Quaritch

Request: what if she starts to get some romantic attention and he's trying SO hard to be a cool dad but he's freaking out lol

Your relationship with Quaritch had been slowly getting better, there were still times where you two fought against each other but overall things were pretty good with you two. Another thing that had happened was that you and Neteyam sort of had moved passed the friends stage to the sort of dating phase now which made you worried about how you would even bring it up to your dad. 

Your dad had been at home working on learning Na'vi with Spider when he saw you and Neteyam walking back towards the village hand in hand, laughing and giggling about something which made him even more interested. 

"Hey son, are your sister and Sully's kid dating?" He asked not taking his eyes off of you. 

"Which one, because if she's with Lo'ak then no they aren't. But now her and Neteyam are a different story." Spider said. 

"What does that mean?" Quaritch asked looking at Spider. 

"Meaning that they've been in love with each other since we teenagers. So there is something definetly going on between them." Spider said as you and Neteyam approached the tent. 

He watched as you two stood there talking unaware that him and Spider were there, and he watched as Neteyam placed a kiss on you cheek, as you became shy from his action meanwhile Quaritch was having an internal panic attack. 

His little girl might have a boyfriend already? There was no way. He regained his thoughts and breathing as you entered the tent with a smile on your face. 

"Did you and your boyfriend have a fun date today?" Spider teasingly asked you making you roll your eyes. 

"He's not boyfriend and secondly your jealously is showing, what's a matter did Kiri ditch you again?" You said sticking your togune out at him. 

"Not yet he isn't and don't worry about me and Kiri. I'll see her tomorrow." He said as your dad watched you two with a smile on your face. 

Quaritch waited until Spider was asleep to bring up the situation about you and Neteyam to you just to see where you were at with dating and everything. You had been sitting outside looking at the stars something you loved to do before bed, until you saw your father making his way over towards you. 

"Hey sweetheart, mind if I join you?" He asked as you patted a spot next to you. 

"You know your mother loved the stars?" He said making you look at him. 

"She did?" You asked. 

"Yeah she did, it was one of her favorite things, I used to take her star gazing all the time before we came here." He said. 

"Must be where I get it from. Dad did you wanna talk about something?" You asked him noticing how deep in thought he was. 

"Yeah I did. Forgive me for overstepping, but can I ask what is going on between you and Neteyam? I saw you two today and it got me wondering." He said 

"I think there is but I'm not entirely sure....I don't think he sees it working out between us and that maybe why he hasn't offically asked me to be his girlfriend even if I want him to do so." You said queitly. 

"Why do you say that?" He asked you concern. 

"I don't know I just think the fact that I'm human and he's Na'vi is a big reason which is fine if it is because the same worry had crossed my mind but I wish if it was, he talk to me." You said making your dad frown. 

"Hey hey if that's his reasoning then he's stupid for letting that get between  you two...have you tried talking to him about it?" He asked as he wrapped an arm around you. 

"No I haven't. Do you think I should?" You asked him. 

"You should, because maybe he's feeling that same way and doesn't want to hurt you by being it up first, you know?" He said as you nodded your head. 

"Thanks dad." You said wrapping your arm around him. 

"Of course sweetheart, now lets get you to bed." He said picking you up and carrying back inside and laying on your bed and covering you up. 

Neteyam noticed how quiet you were today, and it worried him because you were never this quiet. He reached for your hand and squeezed it, snapping you out of your thoughts as he motioned with his head asking if you wanted to ditch Lo'ak and Spider to which you nodded your head letting him lead you somewhere else. 

"Are you okay baby?" He asked taking a seat up against a tree with you across you.

"Neteyam what are we? I mean I know this is sort of new but I also know that I've liked you for the longest time and i get it if you don't because I'm human but I feel like if that's the case...." You were cut off by Neteyam kissing you making your eyes go wide as you kissed him back. 

"Baby, you're so cute thinking that I wasn't in love with you. But believe I've been in love with you since we were kids, something like race isn't going to stop me from loving you. I was just taking things slow and not trying to scare you off given everything you been through lately." He said making your heart swell at how caring he was. 

"Oh Ney." You said leaning your head against his. 

"I see you Y/N, I would love nothing more for you to be my girlfriend." He said. 

"Really?" You asked. 

"Really. So will you be my girlfriend so my family can finally stop hearing about you and how much I love you?" He said making you laugh. 

"I see you Neteyam and would love nothing more." You said placing a kiss on his lips. 

It would be a few days later until your dad would find out the news. He came home from a hunt and found you two cuddled up making him raise his eyebrow at the two of you. 

"Can i see you the in other room Y/n?" He asked as you agreed and followed him. 

"So are you two dating now or what?" He asked you. 

"We are. So please be nice dad, and try not to scare him off." You said to him making him laugh. 

"I'll be nice at first, but then if he hurts you, I won't be." He said to you as you thanked him before you guys headed back to the room where Neteyam was.