Between Sky and Pandora ii: Neteyam Sully

Request: Could we get a part 2 of Between Sky and Pandora? To see how neteyam adjust to her small size. Like forgetting she's small and staying on top of her and other things. Or that he takes advantage of the fact that she is so small and maneuver her like a doll. Thank you<3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It had been a huge adjustment going back to being human full time and it sucked absolutely sucked for you. You could no longer just run and kiss Neteyam when you wanted to, you could no longer hunt with your bow because it was too big, you were too small to play wrestle with Lo'ak like you usually do.

Neteyam hovered like crazy, you used to be able to go off be on own your own for a bit but now that you were fully human, he was always near you making sure you weren't hurt in case you forgot that you were human and it was driving you crazy, because you loved you did but god it felt like you were suffocating and being treated like a child.

"Nete please, I can do it myself." You said with a sigh as he wouldn't let you help skin the fish for dinner today.

"Yawne the knife is much bigger than your hands, I don't want you to hurt yourself." He said as you rolled your eyes and pushed the food away from you.

"Y/n what's wrong?" He asked placing his hand on your knee worried about you.

"It's you! Always hovering and treating me like a child ever since my accident. I'm not mad of glass neteyam, I'm just human so stop treating me like I am." You said as the tears streamed down your face.

Everyone was shocked to hear you lash out at Neteyam like you did and they all watched as you scurried off with tears in your eyes.

"I was just trying to look out for her because she's so much smaller." Neteyam said wondering if he had been hovering too much.

"I know you did son, it's hard to go from being Navi to human, I know because I went through it as well. Let me go talk to her and see what's going on." Jake offered as Neteyam nodded his head.

Jake found you off on the small island away from everyone and took a seat next to you and gently rubbed a hand up and down your back trying to calm you down, he wasn't surprised that you were lashing out because he went through the same thing when he first got here.

"Was it ever weird for you to go back to being human after being in your avatar?" You asked Jake.

"Absolutely especially for me being in my avatar gave me the freedom and use of my legs like I used to have and when I left it, I was back to not being able to use them. It was so hard and I can only imagine what you are going through right now, but you also need to remember that Neteyam only cares about you and is just trying to look out for you, he has no idea how you are feeling, so you need to talk to him about it." Jake said as you sighed knowing he was right.

"I will. Thank you Jake." You said to him.

"Of course kid, and you know I'm always here if you wanna talk about it or anything." He said hugging you.

You walked home and thinking about what Jake said and when you walked in, you saw your mate tying a bow around something making you confused.

"Ma 'Teyam?" You asked quietly.

"For you yawne. I know how upset you were about your bow breaking and being too big for you so I made you one, so that we can go hunting again." He said handing it too you as your heart swelled and the tears fell down your face.

"Yawne? Do you not like it?" He asked concerned as you set the bow down.

"Thank you. I love it so much. I'm sorry for being short with you here lately, this has been a huge adjustment for me not having my avatar anymore, I miss the freedom that I had with it and when you hover around me it makes me feel weak and like I can't even do the basic things. After talking with your dad I understand how you were only trying to look out for me." You said through tears as you wrapped your arms around his waist.

Neteyam heart broke hearing how upset you were, he didn't blame you for being short with him, he could only imagine what you were through. He had only wanted to protect you since you were smaller and more vulnerable to the world around you than before, he gently ran a hand through your hair before kneeling down to your level.

"Oh yawne, you are anything but weak even as a human." He said running his hands across your cheeks as you looked at him.

"You are so beautiful and strong to have gone through what you did and still keep pressing forward. Most people would've given up but not you, you are so strong and I only hovered because I was worried about you, I know how dangerous to world can be for a human and I just wanted to protect you and help guide you through it, but I can see I went over board with it, and I'm sorry." He said to you.

"It's alright Nete, I know we are both still trying to figure this new dynamic out. Plus I enjoyed picking me up and carrying me and just holding me in your arms." You said pressing a kiss against his fingers.

"Good because I enjoy that too. I love you so much y/n." He said pressing a kiss to your lips.

"I love you more Nete." You said smiling at him as he wrapped his arms around you.

Neteyam ended up easing on his hovering but he was still near by just in case something happened. You also became better vocal about what you liked and didn't like about his hovering, but the only thing that remain consistent was him picking you up and kissing you, carrying you or just holding you in general which was something you both loved.