I'll Do Better: Dad!Jake Sully

Request: Hi! I saw you had requests open, if you didn't mind I wanted to request a dad! Jake x daughter? Something really angsty, maybe she sees neteyam started having to take on more than he can handle so she starts taking it all so he can be happier and relax more until the pressure is too much and something bad happens? A kind of 'oh shit..' trope moment for dad!jake?? ❣️

................................................................................................................................................................

You watched helplessly as your brother took on every little task that your dad seemed to throw his way without a second thought or care about how your brother was doing which upset you. For the past two weeks you had noticed stressed and upset your brother seemed about having to do everything no matter how big or small it was just to appease your dad, so finally you had enough of seeing him so overworked that you ran after him.

"Nete! Let me do this....go relax." You said to him.

"What are you talking about y/n? Dad told me to do this stuff." He said to you.

"I know but when is the last time you got a proper rest? Or actually, enjoyed yourself? Nete let me take over these duties for a bit and you go enjoy yourself." You said to him.

"Are you sure?" He asked you hesitantly.

"I'm sure. Dad may forget that he has two older kids, but that doesn't mean I do...I know what needs to be done. Go enjoy yourself, bro." You said squeezing his shoulder.

"Thanks, sis." He said hugging you as you smiled at him.

That's how it went for a whole month, you would take over the task list that your dad gave your brother without lip or complaint while your brother got to enjoy himself and be a kid. But when you dad found out, he nearly blew a gasket.

"Why is your sister doing the tasks I specifically gave you??" Your dad asked Neyetam angrily.

"Sir I..."Your brother tried to say but you stopped him.

"Because I did them before even got a chance to...Dad, you have two older kids....all the responsibility shouldn't be falling on Neyetam...I can be helping out as well so that's what I did...I gave him a break for once in his life....and as you can clearly see I can do it just as well as him." You said to him.

"Alright." He said not really knowing what to say.

From that day forward most of the tasks that neyetam had fell on you to and by god you didn't want to complain but it was a lot. It become so much that you started sleeping less, eating less but putting on a show to your family that you were okay even if you weren't. You never knew how your brother did this.

After breakfast you made your way to your ikran to complete your tasks for the day. As you  were flying you felt yourself get weak. Your head started spinning and next thing you know you felt yourself falling down as the bond between you and your ikran break as she screamed out to you.

Your dad had became worried when you didn't return when you should've, all his worst fears came alive when your ikran came back to camp screaming meaning you were in danger. He climbed upon his, and followed yours where you were.

"Baby girl!" He called out climbing off of his ikran.

"Daddy?" You called out weakly from where you were slumped against the tree.

He turned towards you and saw you covered in blood and looking so pale. Had you been neglecting yourself because of him?

"Oh baby? What happened?" He asked you.

"I started to feel dizzy and lightheaded and then the bond broke and I fell almost three feet. I'm pretty sure my leg is broken. I'm sorry." You said.

"What are you apologizing for?" He asked you.

"For failing you. I didn't complete your tasks, I just wanted you to ease up on neteyam before something happened to him." You said as the tears slide down his face.

"You or Neyetam didn't fail me. We're gonna get you all better, and I promise I'll do better. I love you baby girl." He said placing a kiss on your forehead.

"I love you daddy." You said sleepy.

Jake gently picked you up and carried you in his arms before climbing on to ikran. As he flew back to camp, he only prayed to Eywa that you would survive and he would have a chance to make things right with you and your brother.