Scars to Your Beautiful: Dad!Jake Sully

Request: Can you please do a Dad!Jake × reader where Y/n has depression and starts being self-harm and Jake finds out because Neteyam told him and Y/n gets mad at Neteyam because he promised not to tell anyone.

Warnings: Mentions of self harming, depression, unworthiness...so don't not engage if you are triggered by any of these! ​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake had noticed the angry slashes on your wrists during breakfast and prayed that it wasn't what he thought they were. He watched you as you are trying to figure out if you were okay truly.

"Hey son, can I talk to you real quick?" Your dad asked your twin.

"Yeah Dad, what's up?" He asked. 

"Your sister. I noticed some marks on her wrist today. Did something happen to her?" He asked hoping that maybe you had just gotten hurt while training or running around. 

Neteyam was in a rough spot right now because he had promised you that he wouldn't tell anyone, especially your dad about the self-harming but he was worried one day you hurt yourself beyond repair. So with a final sigh and prayer of forgiveness to Ewya, he decided to tell your dad the truth. 

"Dad....y/n she's been.... self-harming herself for a few weeks now possibly longer...I just found out two weeks ago..She made me promise not to tell you or mom." He said hanging his head and preparing for the lecture that ya'lls dad was about to give him for hiding this. 

Your dad let out a deep sigh as he ran a hand through his deads, confused about how he didn't notice way before now that you had been struggling and hurting yourself in the process. He also couldn't be mad at Neteyam for protecting you especially considering he would've done the same thing for Tommy.

 "I'm not mad at you son. I understand why you protected her. Did she give any reason why she hurting herself?" Your dad asked. 

(Flashback)

Neteyam had returned home from his daily chores to grab his bow and arrow before going to meet up with Lo'ak and a few others when he heard movement coming from your room which made him confused as you were supposed to be out.

"Sis?" He asked pulling back the flap to your room and was met with a sigh he never thought he would see.

There you sat holding your wrist with your knife which had some blood on it next to you as you looked up at him in shock and confusion as he wasn't supposed to be here. 

"What is this?" He asked kneeling so he was on your level as he brought your wrist closer to his face. 

"Nothing! You wouldn't understand!" You said snatching your wrist back from him.

"Sis this isn't nothing. Why are you hurting yourself this way?" He asked genuinely concerned about you. 

"I'm depressed Nete. I don't feel like I belong here...it's just been so hard leaving behind our home and starting over here...and the people they treat me like such an outcast...Nete I just want to belong....this makes me feel a little better, it makes me forget about how much I don't belong out there." You said looking outside as Neteyam's heart broke. 

"it's alright sis...let's get you cleaned up." He said walking out of your room and grabbing the healing supplies. 

"How long have you been doing this?"  He asked as heh cleaned your wrist.

"Since about the second week we got here. But you can't tell dad." You said pleading with him not sure how you would ever explain this to your parents.