Sickness: Dad!Quaritch

Request: Heyy bestie thank you for my tarsem story <3. If you don't mind I would like to request something with dad!Quaritch where the reader is sick and just clings to him and he loves it so much and Jake is all jealous because the reader used to cling to him before Quaritch came into the picture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had started with a few sneezes here and there and then the coughing started and progressively got worse until one night you woke up coughing so you got up and made your way towards the kitchen to get a drink. Your dad who had been sleeping until he heard one of you, he couldn't quite figure out who it was coughing, had made his way towards the kitchen to see who it was. He was surprised to see you standing there sipping some water and god did you look miserable which made him frown.

"Hey angel, you not feeling good?" He asked. 

"No, the coughing is keeping me awake, my whole body hurts. I thought maybe the water would help but it isn't." You said sadly. 

"Come here, let me feel your forehead." He said as you set your glass down and walked over to him. 

He gently placed his hand against your forehead and felt how hot you were which he thought you probably had a cold. You relish in the relief of your father's cold hand against your forehead that felt nice against your hot skin. 

"Angel I think you have a cold." He said as you backed away from him a bit feeling a sneeze come on. 

"Sorry, I didn't want to sneeze on especially if I am sick. Do we have anything I can take to help me rest?" You asked him. 

"I think we might. Why don't you go sit on the couch while I check, okay?" He asked as you nodded your head. 

"Hey angel, we only have enough for tonight, we'll stop by the Sully's in the morning to see what they suggest for you." He said taking a seat next to you. 

"Mo'at will probably make me up some medicine or we'll have to go to the lab to see what the scientist suggests. It really depends." You said breaking out into a coughing fit making your dad frown as he rubbed your back. 

After taking your medicine, you laid your head in your dad's lap making you look at your shock, he for sure thought you might go lay with your twin or your boyfriend or Jake even but not him. Sure you two were in a much better place than you two had ever been, but still having you cling to him made his heart swell. 

"Oh, angel." He said running a hand through your hair as you slept. 

The next morning when you woke up and had some soup which your twin had to help with since your dad's cooking wasn't the best but he was trying, you guys went to Mo'at to see if she could help you. 

"Oh, my yawne." Neteyam said once he saw your state as you guys walked through high camp.

"I know I feel so terrible." You said sneezing which made your throat hurt.

"Here let's get you to grandmother." He said taking your hand which made your dad smile a bit seeing how much the boy cared for you.

Just as your dad suspected, Mo'at did confirm that you had a cold that should be gone in a few days and was most likely from the other night when you and Neteyam got stuck in the rain. She said she would make you up some medicine and Neteyam said that he would have Neytiri make you some of her soup that she always made for you. After getting you home, you instantly fell asleep against your dad. 

"I'll be back later with my mom with her medicine and her soup." Neteyam said as your dad thanked him.

"Y/n is sick?" Jake asked confused as you hadn't come over to him like you normally did when you got sick. 

"Yeah me and her dad took her to grandmother this morning, so grandmother  is making her some medicine and I'm gonna bring it to her, once mom finishes this soup."  Neteyam said. 

"Where is she right now?" He asked. 

"Sound asleep in her dad's lap." He said making Jake frown as you never slept in your dad's arms before now. 

After Neytiri finished making your soup, him and Neteyam made their way toward ya'lls tent, Jake wanting to see if what his son said about you was true. They gently walked in and sure enough there you were sound asleep in your dad's lap. 

"Hey, we brought her medicine and my mom made her some soup that will help." Neteyam said as your dad gently woke you up. 

"Here's your soup yawne, and then you can take your medicine so you start feeling better." 

"He really cares for her huh?" Your dad asked watching you and Neteyam. 

"He really does. They're good for each other. But since when did she start sleeping in your lap?" Jake asked him. 

"Took me by surprise too, but she started last night. I gave her some medicine and she was out in my lap nearly gave me a heart attack, I half expected her to go to one of them or you even but decided to enjoy it while I could." He said. 

"Yeah, it goes by too fast. Enjoy while you can. If you ever need a break let me know. Neteyam i'm heading home, I want you back by Eclipse." He said before leaving. 

The next few days Jake would frown seeing you sleeping against your dad, which used to be his spot before your dad came back into the picture. At first, your dad found it amusing that you choose him instead of Jake and not gonna lie he did purposefully walk around with you in his arms or sit where he knew Jake would see him just to rub it in his face. But then it hit him how hard this must be for Jake to deal with since he did raise you while he was gone and decided to play nice. 

"Hey, why don't you go lay with Jake while I go see what your brother is up to?" He said as you nodded your head. 

"Hey, Jake do you mind if I lay with you?" You asked him making him smile. 

"Of course, sweetheart thought you forgot about me." He said as you frowned. 

"I could never, I'm sorry I made you feel that way." You said looking up at him. 

"It's alright sweetheart, I know you have your dad now, I don't want to interfere with that." He said. 

"You could never Jake, your just much my dad as he is, I'll just try to divide my time with you two better." You said making him smile. 

"You are just as much my daughter as you are his, get some rest sweetheart." He said placing a kiss on your forehead. 

Your dad came back and smiled seeing you sound asleep against Jake, which made him happy to see because him and Jake don't always get along, but he figured maybe for your sake that they could learn how to co-parent. 

"Thank you for doing that." Jake said. 

"I hate to say this but you and Neytiri did a great job raising them, especially her. So I think we can find a happy medium with sharing them."  Quaritch said looking over at you.