You Had One Job....Just the One: Dad!Quaritch

A/N: Part of my Dad!Quaritch series...some of my followers on Tumblr wanted to see an in depth of Quaritch coming around for the first time after everyone thought he was dead.

...................................................................................................................................................

It had been almost six months since you were taken by "Quarditch" the man who was supposedly your father died during the battle on the demon ship. You had been suffering from nightmares since it happened, sure he didn't completely torture you while you were there but some of his actions left a last effect on you especially when Lyle held you a knife point to stop Quaritch from bargaining with Jake and your father said that you meant nothing to him, just some human, and had it not been for Neytriri you would probably be dead. 

You moved Spider away from you, as you stayed in your room to help you sleep, and grabbed your mask deciding a walk might help you clear your mind. You went to the pond that Neyetam always took you to, and sat there slowly dipping your feet in the water until you heard footsteps making you put your hand on your knife until you saw Jake holding his hands up in defense. 

"Just me sweetheart, I  heard you leave. What are you doing up this late?" He asked taking a seat next to you.

"Couldn't sleep even with Spider being in the same room." You said quietly.

"Nightmares again?" He asked knowing you had been struggling with them since they rescued you. 

"Yeah. This time it was that Lyle guy successfully killing me." You said as he wrapped his arm around you closer to him. 

"I promise you nothing is ever gonna happen to you as long as I'm here. I'm sorry that we didn't get to you sooner. But your dad is dead and so is Lynoel, your safe now." He said pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"Thank you." You said quietly as you both heard footsteps approaching making you both alert. 

"Son, what are you doing up?" Jake said to Neyetam even though he had a feeling about why his son was awake. 

"Something felt wrong, so I went to check on Y/n, but she wasn't in the lab, so I figured she was here." He said making you smile at how caring he was. 

"You can stay the night with her, and bring her to breakfast in the morning. You two get some rest." Jake said squeezing your shoulders as he left. 

You and Neteyam talked for a bit before walking back to the lab, and into your room where Spider was still asleep on the floor making Neteyam laugh as you two crawled into your bed. Neteyam wrapped his arm and tail around you as he pressed a kiss to your forehead. 

"Get some rest, I'm right here. Nothing is gonna happen to you." He said to you as you snuggled into him. 

The next day you, Neteyam, and Tuk had returned from a walk when you walked into High Camp and saw him making you freeze as he was supposed to be dead. You looked to Neteyam and then to Jake and Neytiri who looked just as shocked as you. 

"You see him too?" You asked Neyetam. 

"Unfortunately." He said squeezing your hand as Tuk ran over to her parents. 

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be dead." You said to him making him laugh as you looked at everyone confused. 

"Oh, your brother didn't tell you did he? I was on the brink of death but your twin here saved me, even helped me get set on some island." He said as you turned towards Spider. 

"Sis listen...I can't explain.." He started to say but you cut him off. 

"No...no you had one job! Just the one. How you could save this man after everything he did to the people who were our only family... and not to mention us while we were kidnapped is beyond me!" You said.