Strong Heart: Tonowari

Request: Can you do a Tonowari x reader where y/n has atychiphobia (fear of failure) and something triggers it and y/n has a panic attack and Tonowari finds her and calms her down and comforts her

...............................................................................................................................................................

Becoming Tsahìk scared you no it absolutely terrified you. You had been training under the current one since you were next in line to become one since your mate Tonowari was going to be the next Olo'eyktan. The current Tsahik saw a lot of potential in you and was very impressed with how fast and how natural you were but you were still scared you were gonna fail and disappoint everyone including your mate. 

You were in Mauri working on making some of the different pastes and stuff when you remember Tsahik's words, she had told you one during your lessons.

"Should you fail at any part of being Tshaik, the whole clan will fail." She said that day.

Her words rang in your ears, making your heart beat very fast and loudly as you dropped the bowl of paste you had been working on. You sat there with your hands shaking, tears falling down your face, your heart beating rapidly, as you struggled to breathe. 

Tonowari had finished up his training for the day and was excited to be back early to spend some much-needed time with you as you two hadn't had much time together due to your guys training. However, when he returned home, he was met with a scene he wasn't expecting to see, there you sat with your back to him as your body shook, making him rush over to you.

"Yawne?" He asked kneeling and placing a hand on your shoulder as he tried to look at you and figure out what was going on. 

The more he looked at you, the more he realized that you were in the middle of a panic attack making him wrap his arms around you and pull you close to his chest. 

"Wari?" You asked trying to look at him as you slowly regained consciousness of where you were.

"Easy, easy sweetheart. You are having a panic attack and need to calm down before you pass out." He said rubbing a hand up down your arm.

"Breathe with me. Can you do that?" He asked as you nodded your head.

Tonowari took about five deep breaths which you copied feeling your breathing return to normal and your crying stopped as he rubbed a hand up and down your back to keep your calm.

"Okay, can you tell me five things you see?" He asked.

"I see you, the water, an ilu, some flowers, and I see the sun." You said.

"Very good." He said giving your arm a gentle squeeze as he sat before you keeping your hands interlocked. 

"What's wrong my love?" He asked concerned. 

"I'm scared of failing as Tsahink." You said looking up at him as he frowned. 

"Why are you scared? From what I've heard you are doing wonderful with your training and all." He said giving you a small smile. 

"Because if I fail, then the whole clan will fail and I don't want you or any of the clan to fail." You said as he wiped the few tears that fell. 

"You are not gonna fail, you know why?" He asked you as you shook your head no. 

"Because you have a strong heart, you care for the people so much and it shows. You don't know how much people love you and how you help them even if you don't realize it. I choose you for a reason. You are not gonna fail because I am here by your side and this is our burden to share together so if you fail then we fail together." He said as you nodded your head as he pulled you into his lap. 

"I love you Wari, thank you."  You said wrapping your arms around him. 

"Your welcome and I love you so much." He said pressing a kiss to your forehead.