I Wish You Could See Yourself The Way I Do: Lo'ak Sully

Request: with lo'ak, could it be the reader comforting him or Neteyam convincing him to confess?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had been working on some clothes for your friend when your mom let you know that Lo'ak was waiting outside to talk to you. You thanked setting your stuff to the side to see what he wanted, and why he just didn't come in like he normally did. 

"Hey babe, sorry for just showing up like this....I was hoping we could go to our spot and talk if you are free?" He asked.

"It's alright. Let me just let my mom know and we can go, okay?" You asked squeezing his hands as he nodded his head at you. 

You left there and quickly let your mom know that you would be going out with Lo'ak for a bit which she said was fine and that she wanted you home by eclipse to which you agreed before saying goodbye to her and going to meet Lo'ak. 

"You ready?" He asked you. 

"I am." You said as he laced his hands with yours as you two walked to your secret spot that no one knew about. 

While you guys walked to your spot, you couldn't help but notice how much quieter he was today than his normal happy self which made you even more worried that something had happened at home before he came to you. 

"What happened Ma Lo'ak?" You asked him as you two took a seat. 

"Nothing....it's just my dad." He said with a sigh. 

"Same stuff as always?" You asked him knowing he and his dad didn't see eye to eye a lot but according to your mom, Lo'ak was a carbon copy of his dad when he was younger. 

"Yeah he just sees as this big disappointment....and you know maybe I am..." He said breaking your heart hearing him say that. 

"No, you aren't...hey you aren't a disappointment not to me not to anyone." You said reaching for his hand which made him look at you. 

"But I am y/n! I don't even know why you choose me as your mate." He said breaking your heart. 

"Because I love you that's why I choose you! I fell in love with the boy who despite being called a freak or alien always stood up for me and looked after me, the one who wasn't afraid to do something stupid to get my attention. I love you for all the parts you hate about yourself, and I'm sorry that you're dad doesn't see that...I just wish you could see yourself the way I do because you are pretty amazing." You said looking at him with tears in your eyes. 

"You mean that?" He asked quietly. 

"Every word. I love you Lo'ak." You said placing his hand over your heart. 

"I love you y/n, thank you." He said placing a kiss on your lips.