A New Star: Jake Sully

Request: Hi! Can you please do a Jake x Pregnant! (Na'vi) Reader when Y/n goes into labor and has to have a C-section but because she is Na'vi she doesn't know what that is and she starts to freak out and Jake tries to calm her and explain what a C-section is? I can send the request as a message if you want.

C-section: It's when they give birth and they cut the lower stomach to get the baby out

Why c-sections happen: It's usually done for the safety of both mother and baby or if the baby is too big

...............................................................................................................................................................

The past eight months have been nothing short of amazing since you and Jake found out that you were expecting your first child together. You were so nervous to tell Jake at first worried about his reaction but instead, he was over the moon with joy that you were pregnant, that was the one thing he had wanted since you guys mated was to have a child or children born from the love you two shared. Jake was so wonderful during pregnancy, he constantly waited on your hand and foot and nothing was too much for him even if it was late-night cravings or holding your belly for a bit just to relieve you for a bit. There was no one else you rathered have by your side during this. 

"How are you two feeling my love?" Jake asked walking in and sitting behind you softly rubbing your back. 

"Alright, I'm ready for them to come out." You said with a small laugh. 

"Just a few more weeks my love. They will be here before you know it, is there anything else I can do to help you?" He asked you hating to see you in so much discomfort. 

"Hmmm, a kiss or two since you didn't give me any when you came home today." You said with a pout as he laughed softly turning your head toward him and prepping your face with all kinds of kisses making you giggle. 

"I love you sweet girl, and I love you, my child." He said kissing you and then kissing your bump making you smile. 

"I love you too ma Jake." You said rubbing your nose against his. 

A few weeks later you and Neytiri were talking when you felt pain in your stomach almost like a cramp, not really thinking anything of it because those have been happening a lot during your pregnancy, you went about your day well and tried to at least until they were almost a minute a part which made Neytiri help you up and try to get to her mother's. 

"No Tiri, Jake he isn't......here..." You said as another contraction hit you. 

"I will send someone to go get him...don't worry but we need to get you to my mother's." She said as you nodded your head. 

Meanwhile Jake and Tsu'tey were coming back from their hunt from this morning when Neytiri came over to comms..

"Jake, do you copy?" She asked as screaming could be heard in the background. 

"I copy, what is it Neytiri?" He asked worriedly. 

"It's y/n, she getting ready to give birth....Tiri tell him to hurry his ass up, he promised he be here." He could hear you say. 

"Go to her, I can handle everything from here." Tsu'tey said as Jake thanked him and ran towards the Hometree. 

When he got to Mo'at's tent he saw Norm and Max there off to the side ready in case something happened while Mo'at worked and Neytiri held your hand trying to comfort you. Jake made his way to your side gently taking a seat next to you. 

"Oh my sweet girl, I'm so sorry I wasn't here but look you are doing so good." He said pressing a kiss to your forehead. 

"Ma Jake, you made it." You said looking at him with a tired smile on your face.

"Hey y/n, we're just gonna do another quick scan to make sure everything is okay before we start, okay?" Norm asked as you nodded your head. 

Jake watched as they placed the gel on your stomach before doing the scan but the look on their faces told him everything he needed to know. 

"The baby is upside down meaning that during a normal pregnancy, the fetus during birth is head-down, facing the mother's back but your's feet first...so we are gonna have to a c-section in order to deliver them safely." Max explained as panic rose through you.

"C-section? What is that?" You asked anxiously. 

"They're gonna probably put you under and cut you right about here so they can safely deliver the baby..." Jake explained looking to Norm for backup. 

"Yeah it will only be an hour y/n, you won't feel anything." Norm said trying to comfot you as you shook your head no. 

"Mo'at?" You asked her nervously.

"This is the way my child, everything will be fine I promise." She said to you not really helping calm you down as Jake could still feel you shaking.

"Baby look at me, hey look at me... I'm not gonna let anything happen to you or our baby okay? Max and Norm know what they are doing, and I'm gonna be right here the entire time, so I just want you to relax and let them handle it from here, you've done wonderful caring for them the last nine months, now it's time to meet them." He said as you nodded your head. 

"It's gonna be okay, when you wake up, our child will be here. I love you, my sweet girl." He said pressing a kiss to your lips. 

"I love you too Ma Jake." You said to him giving him a small smile. 

You let everyone know that you were ready to proceed with the C-section, Norm came over and put a breathing mask over your face, and hooked some wires up to you so they could monitor your stats during the operation. 

The operation took about an hour to complete once they started, and soon enough a beautiful baby boy was pulled out and shown off and Jake swore his heart stopped from seeing his son...a life he helped create. He watched as Mo'at cleaned the baby and looked over it with a smile on her face, before handing it to Max.

"Dad, would you like to hold him, while we sew mom up?" Max asked walking over to Jake. 

Jake gently took his son in his arms, smiling down at him as his son wrapped his hand around his finger. Jake could already tell that ya'lls son was going to look like you when he got older, he could see your features in his. 

"Ma Jake....?" You asked tiredly. 

"Hi sweet girl, how are you feeling?" He asked turning towards you. 

"Tired...how did it go? Where's the baby?" You asked making him smile as Norm came to help you sit up so you didn't tear your stitches. 

"Our baby is a he who looks exactly like you....and he is right here." Jake said placing him in your arms watching as a smile spread across your face. 

"Your so perfect.." You said quietly to yourself as Jake put his arm around you. 

"What are you gonna name him?" Neytiri asked.

"'Äokx Te Pxun'll Lätstxut'itan." You said with a smile on your face as Jake pressed a kiss to your forehead. 

"I'm so proud of you." He said to you.

"Thank you, but I couldn't have done without you." You said pressing a kiss to his lips.