Take A Chance On Me: Jake Sully

"So how did your little date go last night?" Jake asked you as you two walked through the forest. 

"Uh, it didn't. Guy was a total prick." You said making Jake smile at your words. 

"Why's that sweetheart?" He asked you. 

"Because he was thirty minutes late to where we agreed to meet up and then he had the nerve to ask if we could still hook up." You said rolling your eyes as Jake frowned at what you said. 

"I'm sorry sweetheart, you didn't deserve that." He said to you as he reached for your hand. 

"It's alright, kinda used to it now." You said with a sigh as Jake hated that you were used to being treated this way. 

Jake has been in love with you since he first saw you, he swore that he had died and gone to heaven. You were so beautiful in his eyes and then when he actually got to know you more, he fell even harder because you were just so sweet and kind always checking in on him or helping him if he needed it. 

Soon enough you two were constantly together that was unless you were talking to someone because he always gave you the space to explore your options even if they weren't the best for you or even if deep deep down he wanted you to choose him. He still remembers the first time he saw your tears after getting your heart broken and how he never wanted to see your tears again but only you would notice him. 

"Thanks for walking me home and for listening to my pathetic love life." You said as you reached the home tree. 

"No need to thank me, sweetheart, I was glad too, and as for your love life I think will turn around, just give it time, im sure your prince charming is right in front of your eyes." He said hugging you. 

You gave him a small smile before walking into your home and heading straight for bed where you thought about what he said wondering if you had been overlooking someone. The next few days you noticed that Jake was always around, and it began to make you wonder if you had been overlooking him this entire time. 

"What's on your mind? You've been so spaced out today." Neytiri asked snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Just thinking. Tiri do you think Jake likes me?" You asked her nervously. 

"Are you kidding me? That boy has been in love with you since you got here, I think you are the only person who hasn't noticed." She said shocking you.

"Really?" You asked. 

"Really. He looks at you like you hung the stars in the sky themselves, he always gets so upset when you get heartbroken or anything always wishing you give him a chance, and he's always talking about you like Neytiri did you see how pretty y/n looks today? Or did you see how y/n makes her bows and how creative she is? That boy is obsessed with you." She said making you smile at the thought of Jake saying and doing those things.

"So are you gonna give him a chance?" She asked you. 

"I am. Maybe he's right that my prince charming is right in front of me." You said making her smile. 

"Good because I can hear him coming this way." She said to you as you turned and saw Jake approaching you two with flowers in his hands. 

"Hey, Neytiri. Hey y/n do you think we could talk in private for a few?" He asked nervously as you nodded your head. 

"See back at home!" Neytiri said making you laugh as she ran off leaving you and Jake 

"Hi Jake, what did you want to talk about?" You asked him. 

"I was wondering and hoping that maybe this isn't too forward of me to ask but I was hoping that maybe you would consider going on a date with me tomorrow night?" He asked. 

"I would love to Jake." You said standing on your tippy toes and pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Wait really?" He asked shocked still not believing he wasn't dreaming. 

"Yes, like you said the other night my prince charming might be right in front of my eyes." You said making him smile. 

"Thank you and these are for you." He said handing you the flowers he had been holding. 

"Thank you, Jake, they are absolutely beautiful." You said. 

"They are but not nearly as beautiful as you." He said making you smile as you couldn't wait for ya'lls date tomorrow.