Picasso: Dad!Jake Sully

Request: hi! can I request a dad!jakesully with a daughter reader?? i love the way you write those chapters they are great!! it's totally up to you what you write about just lots of fluff and love between the two :)

A/N: Sorry for the late response, I've been student teaching for the past two months and going to class two days out of the week, and ive been sick so much, so I've been exhausted. 

.................................................................................................................

Each of your siblings had a role in the family, your twin neyetam was the mighty warrior, lo'ak was the troublemaker, Kiri was the healer, Tuk was the baby that had everyone wrapped around her finger and then there was you the artist. You had been artistic from an early age, what started off as bracelets and necklaces, evolved into paintings and much more, to the point where you started expressing yourself through your hair.

Norm and a few of the other scientists were showing some pictures from the earth, and that's how you learned about hair dye and hair color. They had given some hair to test the dyes out that you made to see how they would look before you dyed your actual hair to see what you liked and didn't, and provided you with many reference photos.  You were currently sitting up against a tree working on some color ideas, for your hair right now you were leaning towards pink, liking how it stood out against the black.

"Whatcha working on babygirl?" Your dad asked taking a seat across from you.

"Hair color idea, norm, and some of the scientists had shown me of people having different hair color back on earth and it kinda got me thinking." You said showing him the self-portrait you had been working on.

"Your talent amazes me each time I see it." Your dad said looking at your artwork.

"Thanks,dad, so what do you think? Do you think the pink would look good on me?" You asked him.

"Angel you could pull off any color but I think the pink would stand out more. Are you thinking of adding color to your hair?" He asked.

"Uh maybe? Would you be mad if I did?" You asked him nervously.

"No I think it would suit you, you've always been different from everyone, and I think it's time that the outside reflects the inside." He said making you smile.

"So you're not mad that I'm not a warrior like nete or a healer like Kiri?" You asked him.

"No babygirl, I've known since you were little that you were an artist that's why I always pushed you to explore that. I don't care that you aren't like your brother or sister, I love you for who you are, nothing more, nothing less." He said placing a kiss on your forehead.

"Thanks daddy. I love you too." You said to him.

"Your welcome. Plus I love the designs you come up with for the war parties and ceremonies." He said making you laugh as you two started heading home.

A few days later one of the scientists Diana was helping you add the pink strands to your hair while you worked on a painting for your dad after his comments the other night when your dad walked in.

"Daddy what are you doing here?" You asked him as he took a seat across from you.

"I came to learn how to do your hair that way I could help you do it next time." He said.

"Really? You? Mr. I've had one hairstyle since I was born, wants to learn how to do hair?" You said teasing him.

"Oh it's like that huh? Then you can forget about getting your hair done." He said.

"What? No I'm sorry daddy." You said setting your painting down and crawling over to him and into his lap.

"Nope it's too late, you have bullied me for the last time." He said.

"Nooo I'm sorry daddy, it was an innocent joke. I love you and your basic hairstyle." You said making him roll his eyes.

"I love you too, now go finish getting your hair done before I change my mind." He said squeezing you and kissing your head before you went back to your chair.

It took about an hour to add the color to your hair which gave you time to finish your painting, and for your dad to learn how to do it next time but Diana said that she would help you in case he messed up.

"So what do you think dad? Does it look as good as it did in my painting?" You asked him.

"It looks even better. The pink definitely suits you and now I'll really really be able to tell you and neyetam apart." He said making you roll your eyes.

"Thanks dad. And I made this for you." You said handing him the painting you had worked on.

"Ohh angel this is so beautiful, thank you." He said hugging you.

"Your welcome I sort of got inspired by what you said the other night." You said as you two walked home.

You guys return home and your mother froze when she saw your hair instantly making you feel nervous as your siblings looked at you in shock.

"So what do you think mom?" You asked her nervously as she ran a hand through your hair.

"It looks pretty, who did it?" She asked.

"Diana, but she showed dad so he could do it next time. I'm sure she could teach you if you wanted." You said.

"I would like that. You look pretty my dear, now I'll be able to tell you and your neyetam apart." She said as you and neyetam shook your heads.

"Do we really look that much alike?" You both asked.

"Yes you do, this will make telling you two apart so much easier." Your parents said as you two laughed.