Nightmares: Neyetam Sully

Neyetam was the first to notice how sleepier you had become, usually a ball of energy during the day, you were quieter and more tired but every time he asked you about it, you said you were fine even though he knew you weren't. So he let it go, just keeping an eye on you, when he could and when he couldn't be with you, he made sure Kiri did and that's when she noticed how tired you were as well. Kiri had given you some herbs to try and help you sleep but they didn't, which made her and Neyetam even more worried as they decided to go to their dad. Jake had noticed the change in your behavior as well and promised them that he would figure out what was going on with you. 

You rubbed your eyes again trying to shake the tiredness from your body, not remembering the last time you had gotten a proper rest since you were kidnapped. Every night different scenarios plagued your mind from the time that Quaritch had taken you, and they usually left you wide awake every night, leaving you tired the next day as you tried to hide how much you were suffering from your family and nothing seemed to help. Jake frowned as he watched you rub your eyes again for the 20th time in the past hour before he made his way over to where you were sitting. 

"So what's been going on baby girl?" He asked taking a seat next to you. 

"Nothing's been going on, why do you ask?" You asked him even though you had a feeling that he knew. 

"I'm asking because you haven't been yourself since... you are more closed off and tired lately..It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it but we're all worried about you." He said making you look at him. 

"We?" You asked him. 

"Yeah, me, Kiri, Neyetam...especially Neyetam..he's been worried about you since it started happening and just wants to help you."  He said making you sigh. 

"I've....I've been having nightmares since it happened." You said to him confirming his suspicions.

"Sometimes it differs on what happens in them, and other times it doesn't, but once they happen, I can't go back to sleep. I thought that I would get over them by now but they just keep getting worse. I didn't know to bring them up to anyone without sounding crazy. I'm sorry." You said to him. 

"It's alright you don't have to apologize, I understand what your going through, I went through the same thing after I got her in the military." He said to you. 

"Really?" You asked. 

"Yeah, I did for almost two years, tried everything known to man to get rid of them and nothing worked until I got here but I can give you some tips on what I tried to see if that helps." He said to you. 

"I would like that. Thanks, Jake. I'm sorry for being so closed off to you and everyone." You said to him. 

"Hey, come here. There's nothing to apologize for, we were all worried about you is all you are a part of this family, and missed having you around is all." He said hugging you. 

"But please talk to Neyetam, I'm tired of him walking around like a kicked puppy when you aren't yourself." He said making you laugh. 

"I will, thanks, Jake." You said pulling away from him. 

"Anytime... I mean that anytime you need to talk I'm here, okay?" He said squeezing your hand as you nodded your head. 

You returned to the lab that night and found Neyetam waiting for you in your room, making you smile as he turned and faced you as you walked in. 

"Hey I was looking for you, but your mom said she didn't know where you were." You said taking a seat on your bed. 

"You were? I wanted to check on you after today's hunt but you weren't here, so I decided to wait here." He said reaching for your hands. 

"Yeah um, I wanted to talk to you about why I've been so tired lately." You said to him as he took a seat on your bed. 

"What's been going on sweetheart?" He asked you. 

"I've been having nightmares since you guys rescued me from the RDA and Quaritch, and they get bad sometimes that I can't go back to sleep leaving me tired the next day. I didn't tell you because I thought they would go around on their own but they didn't. I'm sorry." You said to him.

"You don't have to apologize, sweetheart, I wish you would've told me so I could've helped you sooner but I understand. In fact, I was talking with some of the scientists about what's been going on with you, and they said that maybe having someone in the room with you might help." He said making your heart swell with how much he cared. 

"Oh, Ney. I don't deserve you." You said wrapping your arms around him. 

"Trust me, you do sweetheart. So I'm here if you want to stay, or if want to talk about it." He said squeezing your hand. 

"Do you think we could try it out tonight?" You asked nervously. 

"Of Course, just let me go tell my parents really quick, so they don't kill me." He said making you laugh as you nodded your head. 

He returns about ten minutes later, with a smile on his face as he climbed into bed with you, wrapping you tightly in his arms before pressing a kiss to your forehead.