two

I successfully make to my building and into my office without my $8 iced latte spilling down my entire outfit. If nothing goes right the rest of the day, at least I have that.

I walk into my office, greeted my a stack of papers that I don't recall being there yesterday. Curious, I approach them wondering what big project could be on the schedule that I wasn't yet aware of.

I look down at the top sheet and see "At Their Very Best" written across the front.

I'm not familiar with that slogan, it definitely isn't from a former client. I grab my notebook from my desk and flip it open to a fresh page. I open the new client folder, ready to read through and take down notes on the upcoming event.

The second I open the folder, I'm greeted by a strikingly familiar face. "What the actual fuck," I mutter under my breath.

But there's no way it's him. How did he know I worked here?

On the opening segment is a photo of the band, The 1975. Right smack in the middle smirking at me is Matty Healy himself.

I pause, simply staring at this photograph of the one man I swore I would never see again. I can't fucking believe the audacity he has to contact my place of employment to sponsor his upcoming tour scheduling.

He fucking knew I would be here.

Six fucking years and he can't catch the hint? I don't want him in my life, not after how he left. I'm not some push-over. When people leave me, I don't let them come crawling back. No matter how convincing their tactics might be. Matty has always been my weakness, but that was years ago. I am a mature, successful women and I couldn't care less.

This is my job, not some game. If Matty wants to play dirty still, after all this time, he better be ready for me to execute the best goddamn project of my life.

I collect myself and head down to Alex's office. Alex is the CEO of the management company I work with, we have a good relationship considering he's my boss, but he's always receptive of my opinions. But, this trust wasn't given, it had to be earned with a hell of a lot of hard work.

Working in a male dominated company, I was determined to work my way to the top, quickly becoming the Secondary Chief Operations Officer, which basically meant I was next in line to become CEO.

I burst into Alex's office to which I announce "what the hell did you put on my desk?" Spinning around in his chair, Alex looks confused, "Our next project? What seems to be the problem? It's a huge deal" he explains.

"What's the problem?" I retort, "Maybe the fact that this tour is bigger than anything we've ever done. Or maybe it's the fact that Matty Healy is a fucking PR nightmare?" I argue back.

"Luna", Alex calmly says. "This is a huge deal for Montgomery Management, of course we had to take this on. I know it's not like anything we've done yet, and touring is going to be new for us, but I know it will be good for us. And I want you to take charge of the project" Alex explains.

There's no way in hell I can take this over. It's the biggest event I've ever put on, let alone my bumpy history with the frontman.

Deep down, I know the opportunity this would be for me to represent this up and coming band, but I just can't put myself back into the same position I was in all those years ago.

But, I have to put myself first. I am not going to let some man oust me of this opportunity. I have to take the job.

"Alex", I reply. "I can do this".