twenty-one

Forget every good thing I have ever said about Matty, let alone any of the boys. Navigating the airport with the four them is an absolute nightmare. I feel like a single mother to four kids. At check-in, Matty complained about how long the line was because 'he had to pee so bad'. When we get up to the counter Ross can't find his fucking passport and dumps his entire bag onto the floor, it was quite the mess.

After the passport travesty, the boys all hand me their passports, deeming me the most repsonsible, thus I have to keep track of all our tickets and passports. Our next challenge we face is security, and just when I think this can't get more stressful, Matty and George just have to start up with the dick jokes. They laugh like school children, if I wasn't so annoyed already with them, I honestly probably would've laughed too, but I was over it, and stressed out about the upcoming 8 hour flight.

"Fucking hell guys, keep it together, let's just get to the bloody gate," I whisper-yell to them. We make it through security, and finally to our gate. Jaime headed to New York early to get things set up for our arrival. I secretly wonder how the hell Jaime deals with them all the time, this shit is exhausting. 

We drop our stuff off and I ask them to watch my bag while I go grab something quick to eat. I wander the junky airport shops, and I am surpised when I see a tabloid with a photo of the band on the cover. The headline reads "Up-and-coming band, The 1975, kick off their world tour in NYC this week. 

I smile, in disbelief of the success they've had, and the simple fact that I get to be a part of it. I immediantly grab a couple copies to take back to show them,  as well as a water for myself. 

I head back to the gate and see them all hanging out, and laughing together

I head back to the gate and see them all hanging out, and laughing together. It warms my heart, they genuinely are each other's very best friends. Seeing how close they are and the respect they hold for one another is so special, and I really feel as though they have big things coming their way.

I approach them and say, "you guys will never believe what I just heard! Apparently some new band I think the 1960s or something are going on a big tour this week! How cool?" I joke pretending to play dumb. I pull the magazines out of the bag and show them the cover. Despite being fully grown men, I can tell they get all giddy seeing themselves on the cover of this magazine. Matty meets my eyes and mouths, "thank you," to me. I give him a big smile back, and he flips through the magazine with his three best mates. 

After about an hour, it's finally time to board the flight. My nerves are shot, and I'm worried I'll be sitting by myself, as I'm sure all the boys paired up. They call for first class to board, and they all stand up, ready to board. I give them a confused look, there's no way were in first class right? 

"C'mon Luna, it's our boarding time," Adam says to me. I stand up and look down at my ticket. Sure enough it reads 'first class', George sees my confused look and explains to me, "Jaime got us upgraded for this flight as a 'thank you' for getting this tour started." 

"Wow. That's crazy, holy shit I can't imagine how much this was," I say. "We neither, fuckin' hell thank God it's on him, not me," Ross says. We head to the front of the line, and I take my seat. It's in the second row of the plane, and behind me I see Ross and Adam sit down. I start to put my headphones on, hoping to tune the nerves out, but as the music starts up, I see someone come sit with me. It's Matty. 

"I really hope you didn't think I wasn't gonna sit with you," he says. "I was holding out hope I'd get to avoid you for the flight, but it appears my luck has run out," I tease him. He gives me a playful elbow and winks.

"Okay fine. I'm honestly really nervous, so yes, I am glad you sat with me," I whisper to him, a bit embarassed of my fear. He kisses my cheek and tells me "don't worry, it'll be over before you know it."

I feel the plane begin to sputter into motion, he grabs my hand and holds it tightly. Takeoff isn't too bad, and before I know it I've dozed off.

I wake up hours later, Matty's hand still wrapped tightly around mine. But my head is now on his shoulder, and his lays atop mine. I have no memory of putting in an earbud, but I see a wire between Matty and I and I notice we are sharing a set of earbuds. My ears are popped so I can hardly hear the song. I grab his phone and see it's "Gold Soundz" by Pavement. Solid choice I think to myself. 

Before I know it Matty wakes up too, just in time to catch a glimpse of the city as we descend. I have the window seat, so he squishes me up against the wall of the plane so we can both get a good look of the skyline. His head sits on my shoulder as we both continue to listen to music and admire this new place. He kisses me on my temple, and whispers to me, "I'm so fucking happy right now.'

I smile back at him. Finally, the wheels touch the floor, and tour really begins. As we get off the plane, I check my phone, and see Matty added something to his Instagram story. It's a photo of me on the plane looking out the window. He sees me looking at his story, and shoots me a smirk.

 He sees me looking at his story, and shoots me a smirk

lfg it's time for tour