forty-two

Two Weeks Later

After another run of shows throughout Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Albuquerque, we are preparing to hop on a flight to head to the lovely Los Angeles, California where we will finish out the final stint of the US shows. The boys have two nights in LA, a gig in San Diego, and then head north to finish it up in San Francisco. It's so cheesy, but the guys have only gotten bigger and better. Their Instagram has amassed almost two million followers, and their Spotify is also blowing up.

Matty and I couldn't be better, I'm genuinely so happy with him. Every moment I have with him feels like eternity. I'm laying in bed with him now, just admiring him. His gentle breaths tickle my face as I look down over him. I watch his chest slowly expand and contract, his tattoo flexing with each intake. I trace it with my fingers, unable to keep my hands off him. These are the moments I live for, sweet nothings. It's hard to put into words how much I love Matty, or the love I feel towards him. I see it in the most unexpected moments. The other day walking to get coffee he stopped and picked a flower, he tucked it behind my ear without a word or second thought, and I thought to myself I couldn't love him anymore, and yet tomorrow I know I will. 

When I'm out of the shower, Matty is awake and dressed with coffee sitting on the hotel's nightstand. "Hey love," he greets me, pulling me in for a kiss. "Ready for LA," I ask him in-between kisses. "Mhm," he moans into my throat. I stop, knowing where this will lead if we don't stop now. "Matty I love that and I love you, but I gotta get dressed and packed because we are already late," I explain giving him one last kiss. I head back to the bathroom to brush my hair, but I don't get far without Matty smacking me on the ass.

I flip him off as I shut the bathroom door, I hear his raspy laugh coming from the bedroom. I smile to myself in the mirror. How did I get so lucky? Very few people get a shot to be with their soulmate, but I've gotten two by some ridiculous odds. 

Six hours later, Matty, Ross, Adam, and myself are walking the streets of LA getting a feel for the city. "Where did you say George was again?" I ask as Matty holds my hand, swinging it back and forth between the two of us. "His girlfriend is coming in for the LA gigs," Matty says. "Charli, right!" I say. I love these guys so much, but fucking hell I can't wait to have another girl here to hang out with. And if she's with George, I know for a fact she'll be cool as hell.

It's about three pm by now, and we gotta head to the venue pretty soon. The show doesn't start until 9 pm tonight, so we technically have an extra hour, but none of us are in the slightest ready. We walk back to the hotel, where the boys have a car waiting to drive them to the venue. "I'll see you later, alright." Matty says to me. I nod, "see you later Matthew," I say back, giving him a quick kiss. They head off for sound check, and I head back to my room to get dressed for the show. I wanna do something fun for LA, as it's my first time here, and I can't help but feel the notion the afterparty here will be pretty insane.

I pull my long hair back into a high ponytail and slick it back a bit, dnot too much because then I always think I look bald. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup, so I do my usual brow gel, mascara, and blush, but tonight I add in some red lipstick. Of course I love it, but I know it'll drive Matty crazy. I put on a pair of black jeans and then pair it with one of my favorite corsets, it's black, but a bit sheer so you can see quite a bit of skin.

 I put on a pair of black jeans and then pair it with one of my favorite corsets, it's black, but a bit sheer so you can see quite a bit of skin