fifty

Luna's POV

Today is the day. Today I will finally see Matty once again in the flesh. It's been two long years, but I could never forget every part of him, the freckle on his ear, the scent of cigarettes on his breath, his gentle hands that would run all over me. It's all too much. I have no idea what to expect tonight, as hard as I've tried to get a sneak peak of the record, labels wouldn't let me listen to the album early, so tonight will be my first time hearing it amongst the crowd of over 20,000 fans, but I can't imagine they have the same connection I do to Matty.

All I can think about is Matty and the music, but there's probably dozens of people here I'll get to see for the first time in years, or even meet for the first time. Not to mention Ross, George, and Adam, hell it's been years since we've hung out as well.

It's almost four in the afternoon and while the show isn't until nine tonight, LA traffic is a bitch so I need to start getting ready. I pour myself a shot of Bacardi, and swallow it with no problem. The burn in my throat excites me, and gives me a soft buzz for the evening. I need to look hot. Holy fuck, I think to myself, the thought never even crossed my mind that Matty might have a partner. I don't know why I assumed he was single. I seriously might vomit if I swallow my pride to go to this concert and he's there with someone fucking else. The thought makes me sick, which I know is ridiculous, but I can't help but feel a bit possessive over Matty. We've shared our entire lives together, I can't even begin to imagine him sharing things with someone else, that'd only I'd ever known before. My stomach turns at the thought of him being intimate with anyone else, and I quickly grab the shot glass once again. Shit, who am I kidding, I put that down and grab the bottle, taking a generous sip of the liquor.

I wonder if he'll even recognize me if he sees me from far away. It's been two years, I mean I've grown up a bit since the last time we were together. My long hair is now more of a shoulder length style with curtain bangs. I settle on wearing a pair of black cargo pants, paired with a small kitten heel. My top is a mesh black long sleeve, but it has cutouts down the front and back to spice up the look a bit, and underneath I wear a simple black triangle bra. I keep my makeup super light, just a bit of blush and mascara and then I throw some floral perfume on. I fluff my blown out hair in the mirror, and slide my lipgloss into my purse. I have one last sip of Bacardi before I call for an Uber to take me to The Hollywood Bowl.

 I have one last sip of Bacardi before I call for an Uber to take me to The Hollywood Bowl

The Uber ride is silent, with the radio gently humming in the background. Thank god I'm not going to this sober, I think I would've been a nervous wreck. Regardless of my status with Matty and our relationship/ lack thereof I'm genuinely excited to hear the album, and as a music lover and appreciator I fucking love a good concert. And, The Hollywood Bowl is one of my absolute favorite music venues in the entire world.

I arrive at the venue, and the Uber drops me off at the gates, which is one of the perks of flashing my ID from the record label, and I am in disbelief of the crowd. In just two years, the band has grown exponentially. From just playing 2000 capacity venues, to now selling out the Hollywood Bowl, fucking insane. Looking at the crowds of people piling in, everyone is in their merch, with the band's name plastered across their backs. It makes me feel a bit emotional. I mean Matty was my very, very best friend growing up. It brings me so much joy to see him bring his dreams to life. God knows he's had a hard journey to get to where he is now.