thirty-seven

After a long day of hangover recovery day yesterday, today is the day we return back to tour and play a gig in Atlanta. I haven't seen Matty yet, but I figure he's gotta be here by now, they're performing in less than 12 hours. Ross, George, and myself spent the day together yesterday sitting out in the sun and just chatting about life. It was a really nice time, and I was grateful to have some time in the sun.

I check my emails and see one from Alex asking how tour is. I reply, giving him a quick summary of how things are from a logistical standpoint. It's unbelievable how much the band has grown since tour has began. They had a decent following over in the UK prior to touring, but have now become much more mainstream. They've amassed over 4 million listeners on Spotify, and 'Sex' hit 50 million streams. Hard to believe these best mates from Manchester are totally changing the music scene.

I plan on heading over to the venue early today, I'm planning on doing some evaluations on the set and props, but secretly I hope I see Matty there as well. It's only about 11 am, so I decide to change and get ready before grabbing lunch and heading over. I put on a more casual outfit as I already know today is going to be a long day and I likely won't be back to change until late in the evening.

I slip on a pair of black tights and black mini skirt that has a slit. On top I wear an old band graphic t-shirt, and of course my black Doc Martens. I grab a tote bag, and head downstairs to grab some lunch at the hotel cafe.

Four Hours Later

Four Hours Later

I've been at the venue for almost four hours working and I'm exhausted. Not that, but Matty is still a no-show, which is fine because honestly I've got shit to do. Over the past couple shows the stage has taken some damage, so I'm working on rebuilding and fixing several aspects of the show so every flows accordingly. But, I also won't lie, I'm secretly hoping Matty comes in looking for me and finds me bent over the table painting some chipped areas.

I hear some commotion from backstage, it sounds like Adam just got back as I hear greetings. I also think I hear the catering company setting up. I work for another hour, and at 6 pm I head to the lounge areas to grab some food. It looks like pasta and salad, not my favorite but it'll do. I go to sit with Adam and George, and I ask them, "have you guys seen Matty? I still haven't heard from him at all." They both shake their heads, "no clue where that wanker is, but I'll kick his ass if he's late," George replies. "You guys aren't like worried at all?" I ask. "Nah Matt does this shit every now and then. He always comes back though so I'm sure he'll show soon." Adam says.

I don't feel so sure, but I gotta trust the guys, they seem to be no stranger to his disappearances. After I eat, I hang out in Matty's dressing room, I'm starting to get really anxious about his whereabouts. The clock nears 8 pm, and I head out to the general admission area of the venue. The pit is packed, and nothing appears out of order, nothing is screaming 'hey the lead singer hasn't shown!'.