twelve

The crowd is going crazy, as the beat picks up. Although only on stage for a minute, you can tell he is meant to be up there. He's hyping up the crowd as the guitars begin to really pick up. He approaches the mic stand, and starts to sing. 

"And this is how it starts

Take your shoes off in the back of my van

You share my shirt, looks so good

When it's just hangin' off your back

And she said, "Use your hands and my spare time

We've got one thing in common, it's this tongue of mine."

He sounds fucking amazing. The slight rasp in his voice, makes the song all come together. I put the setlist into my notes app to keep track of what song is which. I check to see this one is called "Sex". I now understand his alluding, sexual persona, this song is definitely hot.

When I really start to listen though, and not just enjoy the music. I hear all his little references to our relationship.

Matty hated all my flings I had. He always wanted me to himself. We'd be in my room and he'd ask "can I easily fill his shoes?" I'd laugh and tell him "no", but really he was all I wanted.
I remember all too well the all the long nights we spent in his van, listening to music, talking, and having sex. I would always take his shirt after, mostly to annoy him at first, but it became our thing. He always reminded me how much he loved seeing my in his shirt.

I never had anything like that with anyone else.

We'd share a cigarette after and reminsice in the other's prescence. Those nights are some of my best memories. When he'd left, I assumed he forgot, that he didn't care, but hearing these lyrics shows how much he cherishes these moments, too.

The song ends, and the band jumps straight into The City, which is a fun one, not as exciting as Sex, but it reminded me of our days in London. I hear a more electronic intro come in, and Matty jumps into the next song, which I check to see is called "Heart Out".

"Rushing in a small town

I forgot to call you

Running low on know-how

This beat's made for two

'Cause I remember that I like you