thirty-two

The bus ride went quickly. The second Matty and I sat on the bus couch, I fell asleep on his shoulder. The hum of the bus lulled me to sleep, and I shortly feel Matty's gentle breathing down my neck, showing me that he too has fallen asleep. When we arrive in Philly, neither of us wake up, but being the gentleman he is, Ross comes over and shakes Matty's shoulder roughly, waking the two of us up. Without even opening his eyes, Matty says, "Aw fuck off Ross," and sticks up his middle finger.

I hear Ross laugh and say, "Get up lovebirds, welcome to Philly." Matty and I stiffly wander off the bus, heading into the hotel lobby to grab our room keys. The hotel is pretty standard, its no Ritz, but for two nights it's just fine. Matty heads up first to check in, he banters with the guy for a minute, and then is handed two keys. Weird, I think to myself, why would he need multiple keys?  

I walk up towards the desk, but before I can greet the employee to check in, Matty hands me a key. I give him a confused look, "Matty I need to check in," I say questioningly. "No need," he says. "You're stayin with me," he says casually, and he strolls over towards the elevator. I follow him, "What? You want me to stay with you?" I ask him. He walks into the elevator pressing the button for floor three. A devilish smile appears on his face, "Matty?" I prod at him. He snickers, "Remember the last time we were in the elevator together?" He asks me.

I look at him dumbfounded. "Matthew." I say. "Why are you doing this?" I ask him. He looks at me weirdly. "Why wouldn't I want you to stay with me, I want you, not just physically. I want you around me all the time. Just like talkin' to you I guess." I look down at my feet, not wanting to let him see how happy that made me. "Okay," I say with a smile.

We walk off and approach the room. He slides the key into the slot to open the door, and holds it open for me. "And, while we're on the topic, I'm taking you out tonight." I give him a smirk, "Hm are you, Mr. Healy? And where are we headed?" I ask him. He comes up to me and throws his arms around my neck, keeping me close to him. We lightly swings us back and forth, "Fuckin' love your eyes, Luna. Could get lost in em' forever, you know that?" He says to me.

I pull his head into mine and kiss him, pulling back slightly and letting our noses touch. He presses his lips to mine one last time and says, "get ready Lu, we've got a big night ahead of us," he says to me. "What should I wear, like something casual?" I ask him. "Whatever you wear is perfect, you are perfect," he tells me.

I throw on a more casual outfit, because I figure we'll be walking around the city a bit. I toss on one of my favorite shirts, it's a vintage Stones shirt my Dad gave me. I pair it with some green converse, black leather trousers, and a simple black bag.

 I pair it with some green converse, black leather trousers, and a simple black bag

"Ready," I call out to Matty from the bathroom. I left my hair natural, wavy down my back, and I decided against any makeup, just a bit of lip gloss. I make sure to put on deodorant and a bit of perfume, and I head back to the bedroom to grab my phone. "You look so hot," he says, greeting me with a kiss on the cheek. "Not too abd yourself," I say back to him. "You ready to head out?" Matty asks me. I nod and he grabs my hand and we head out to the elevators.