8

21 : 07 pm
Anastasia's pov:

Netflix had become boring.

After having a small supper by myself and Cleaned up the apartment. I had been huddled on the couch , watching a bunch of random shows that just did not make any sense.

Anthony texted.

It wasn't what I expected to see after a tiresome day but he had asked for some time alone. He said he had some thinking to do. I wish I had cried after reading that but I guess being tired means that emotionally, I was too. Why ask me to move here if he was unsure about us?

Bringing the blanket higher underneath my chin. The cold made my toes freeze. It was storming out there. The rain that drizzled when I reached home had turned into a pouring nightmare.

The knock on the door made me flinch. Was it Anthony? Throwing off the blanket , I practically run to the door , unlocking and pulling it open. The person was not Anthony but I was not disappointed either.

"Reece?".

••

He had dried himself and we've been sitting in silence since.

"Do you want something to drink?", I break the silence but did not get a response. "Something warm-", I trail off while he stared at the fuzzy carpet. I had no idea why he was here but I don't question it. After all he did help me out the other night and he gave me his bed to sleep in.

"I'll get you something-", I finally get off my ass and try to get to my tiny kitchen but am held back. Glancing down , his large hand draped around my wrist. "Is something wrong?", I whisper. He tugs alittle until I am standing infront of him. Those beautiful aqua eyes lift to find mine. "Is hailey okay?", I asked curiously. Ignoring me once again, he stood to his feet , towering me with his height.

"I felt that texting or having the receptionist call you up would be wrong", he finally spoke which made me feel at ease. "Anastasia, I don't want you working at my company ".

The smile that was about to form on my face had been smacked off. The beat of my heart could be heard in my burning up ears. "What?", I breathe. He released my wrist , pushing his hands into his pockets. "I should have not hired a child in the first place ", he raised a brow, just staring down at me. I blink a few times , making sure this was real...he was really firing me.

"But - I've done nothing wrong", I whisper, tears leaking down my cheeks. "Whether you've done anything wrong or not , I don't want you there". My life had fallen apart in one day. First Anthony wanted a break from our relationship which I believed was healthy. Now I'm getting fired without a reason.

My parents were right.

I should have not moved to New York without any back up plans if things went south. I'm stranded now.

"I'll be in at 5:30 tomorrow. You can come in early and clean out your desk if you don't want others seeing you", with that he strode off to the door. I rush after him , standing infront of the door with arms spread. "You are not leaving without giving me a reason. Mr Alexander please ", I pleaded. Was I being demanding or begging him not to fire me? My emotions were all over the shore.

"Anastasia, just fetch your things tomorrow ", he seemed frustrated and annoyed by me bothering him. Slowly I drop my arms back to my side. Lowering my gaze and sniffling. "I'm sorry -", I mumble, turning around and unlocking the door. My fist squeezed the handle as I look over my shoulder at the man who was staring back. How did this not affect him? Seeing me miserable.