64

-
08 : 23 am

I tiptoe into the silent bedroom, not wanting to wake the sleeping bear. I moved like a sloth , taking my jewelry and heels from my closet. Theo will be here in 30 minutes. I didn't want to keep him waiting.

I pause for a second- watching Reece asleep. Rolled onto his stomach, arms tucked underneath the pillow. His cheek pressed into the softness. Hair falling over his closed eyes. I couldn't help myself, strolling to the bedside, I carefully flick the strands of hair away from his eyes.

"What?", he groaned In his deep morning voice. It kinda startled me but he opened an eye , tilting his head to look up . "Hi", i stutter. "What's wrong?", he asked in a concerned tone. "Nothing- I just , I was , well your hair was in your eyes. I thought I'd remove it ", I swallowed hard, holding my hands behind my back. "Thank you ", he closed his eye and smiled. "Goodmorning -", he whispered. "Goodmorning ", I whisper back.

"There's pancakes in the oven. Help yourself to the fridge, there isn't much junk but you don't really hog on those stuff. The keycard is on the counter", he rolls onto his back , prying both eyes open. "Are you going somewhere?", he rubbed an eye then sat. His hair was literally everywhere. "Yes. Today is mama's birthday. I'm taking her out while theo sets up for the party", I sway from side to side, watching him stretch out his body. "Oh", was all he said.

Don't Anastasia.

Don't.

"Would you like to come?".

Fuck.

Even he looked up surprised by the offer. "You're asking your ex husband if he'd like to come to your parents home with your boyfriend?". We both stare blankly before I nod. "I don't want to leave you alone and besides , mama likes you. She'll be happy to see you ". He hummed then fell onto his back , throwing an arm over his face. "Well?", I was hovering. "Sure", he muttered. "Great. I will fetch you before the party. Also , please don't wear a suit-", I roll my eyes. "Anastasia- I don't take dressing advice from you".

"What's that supposed to mean?", I furrow my brows , watching his lips curl into a smirk. "It means I don't take style advice from anyone-", he removed his arm to get a glimpse of my face. "You're an ass-", I shake my head and he laughed. That intoxicating laugh which made me smile. He was so carefree when he was happy. I couldn't help but drift to what a shitty year he must have had. I had bunny to lift me up, Reece had no one. He was never really the type to open up and let people in. He never wanted them to see his weaknesses.

"I'll see you later", I stroll to the door.

"You're looking beautiful-", he called out . I smile but ignore him. Today was going to be interesting. I hope bunny doesn't think I'm taking advantage of his good nature.

I just didn't want Reece being alone.

-

"Do you think it'll be weird?".

"I don't feel threatened by him. So I'm cool if you are", I furrow my brows , turning to watch theo drive. "Really? You're not even a tad bit upset?". He simply shook his head , shooting me a glance. "Should I be worried?", his question made me tense. Ofcourse not. I didn't have any feelings toward Reece. "No", I whisper and he reached over, placing his hand on my thigh. "Then relax baby. I'm fine", I placed a hand over his. "I feel like I'm taking advantage. I don't want to give off that impression. But he'll only be around for a week-", I sigh out and he gave my flesh a little squeeze. "I said its all cool. Stop worrying your pretty little head".