66

"She's beautiful ", I whisper.

"She's a handful-", Abby chuckled while helping mama with dishes. The party had ended about an hour ago. Mama's friends had left and the men were taking down the decor.

"I should have listened to you mama. Older men are no good ", she sighed and stacked the plates. "He left me while I was pregnant. I lost my job - started living from hand to mouth. Went to working 3 jobs just to rent a small place", hearing her struggles made my heart break. I know it was her choice to run off with a married man but I still felt hurt. She was my sister.

"You should have came back home", mama said instead of judging her. This is one of the many reasons , I love mama. "I had no money for flights mama. These past 5 years were difficult. He had left me many times. Cheated and came back. I was always stupid to take him back. I was dependent on his finances ", she shook her head , probably regretting her decisions. "He would never allow me to travel alone. He always said I'd leave and never return. So I stayed with him. Thinking he actually loved me", she scoffed.

"The only good thing that came out of our relationship is my baby-", she peeked over at Isabel who was sound asleep in my arms. Imagine being a 3 month old baby - no drama , no bills to pay , no boy troubles. Just milk , sleep and peace.

"How did you afford to travel? You should have called me up, Abby. I would have helped you out . Your father would have helped too. Even Anastasia-", mama nagged. "Mama- I was ashamed to ask for help. I disgraced you both. I don't deserve the love and affection ", she really did beat herself up. "Actually- I didn't pay for travel", she wiped up her wet hands. "I arrived yesterday. I stayed at a hotel. Reece sent his jet to fetch me-", her eyes shift to me and my jaw almost hit the ground. Mama's eyes bounce from her to me. "Reece?", she questioned.

"Yes. He called me up and said he'd pay for everything. He just wanted to see you happy mama" , she smiled and hugged mama. "He's a good man", she whispered and mama nod , "that he is".

He did this for mama? I had opened up about mama being miserable. He did this for our happiness? I couldn't help but smile. Such a sweetheart. I had to thank him. Mama was truly happy today. Tears of joy. Her smile was genuine and I adored that.

-
21 : 07 pm

"Fuck-", theo sighed out, breaking his back by stretching. "You good?", Reece snort. "I'm done being a servant", theo laughed. "Cleaned up pretty good", Reece high fived him.

"Wanna get out of here? I know a bar around the corner", theo wiggled his brows and Reece looked back at Rupert and papa sitting under the hut canopy. "Yeah " , he turned back to theo. "Great - I'll go tell Anastasia ", he headed inside, Reece followed.

The 3 of them were in the living room- laughing and telling each other stories. "Hello beautiful queens" , theo made them smile more. "Don't let us interrupt ", he leaned in to whisper to Anastasia, "we're heading out. We won't be long". Her eyes shift to Reece who was leaning against the doorframe. "The two of you?", she questioned with a raised brow. "Yes mam" , theo smiled. " yeah okay", she didn't know what else to say. It was weird enough that they were laughing and chatting but now going out? That's awkward.

He kissed her forehead and walked up to Reece. "C'mon ", he gestured to follow him. Reece gave Anastasia a smile before following theo. Her eyes shift to mama, who was snickering. "Those two are something else", she laughed.

-
22 : 21 pm

"So - you're telling me you've known her that long?", theo downed his 6th beer while Reece twirled the Whiskey around in his glass. "5 years", he smiled. "Well damn - how the fuck can I compete-", he sulked but Reece smacked him on the head. "You make her happy. Why the fuck are you doubting yourself?". Theo sighed out , popping open another beer. "Yeah? Well you were the one to calm her earlier. Thank you for that. I always feel so hurt when she cries" , he sipped the beer as Reece ordered his 3rd Whiskey glass.

"This place is nice", Reece looked around for the first time since they entered an hour ago. "Yeah - the owner and I are friends. His name is Phillip", theo slurred and Reece chuckled, "I'm aware. The name of the place gives it away. Phillips zone", they both laugh , clashing glasses and gulping the alcohol. For theo, it went down easy. Reece's throat burned as the Whiskey seeped down . "Fuck-", he hissed, swapping the whiskey for beer. "I could never down whiskey raw. That shit is fucking hell", theo laughed. They were drunk.

"You're a kid", Reece smirked. "Yeah I am-", theo nod so hard - hitting his forehead on the countertop. "Fuck!", he rubbed the spot. "Are you okay", Reece laughed. "Damn-", they laughed. "Hey - remember that one time you punched me for losing Anastasia at the club?", theo was bringing up old memories. "Yeah-", Reece flashed his boxy smile. "We were such assholes ", theo pout.

"You were the asshole. But look at you now - you've been taking such good care of her ", he pat theo on the shoulder. "Yeah I am", he smiled. "I never thought I'd be this happy. But here's to fucking happiness ", he lift his bottle and Reece joined in. "To happiness", theo cheered. "To happiness-", Reece slurred. "Reecey boy!", theo threw an arm around the olders neck. "Tell me the truth - we're both mature men here", he chuckled. "Do you still love her?", his question alone made Reece's cheeks heat up. And it wasn't the fucking alcohol.

"Can I tell you the truth-", Reece whispered and theo nod. "I will always love her ", he said with a soft smile and a twinkle in his bloodshot eyes. "Same-", theo released him. "She's a good girl", he add and Reece agreed. "You're a good man ,Reece fucking Alexander ", he threw his arm around Reece again. "Good fucking man. Let's down tequilas!", he chimed and Reece grinned at his childlike behavior.

They were going to be sick by the morning.

-
23 : 37pm

"Fuck-", Theo's weight was far too heavy for a drunken Reece. "Fuck ! Can you use your damn legs-", he groaned while helping him out of the car and up the driveway where they stumbled several times. "I am going to throw up-", theo hiccupped. "No! Fucking don't-", Reece knocked on the front door. "Reecey", he continued to nag. "Shut up ", Reece snapped , struggling to hold them both up.

The door opened and Anastasia frowned. "Where the hell were you two? Bunny, look at you", she scold. "Anastasia- not now", Reece pushed her aside, helping theo into the silent living room. "Everyone has gone to bed. You two are ridiculous ", she hissed while Reece laid theo on the couch. The man immediately dozing off. "Anastasia? We're home safe. What's the fucking problem ", he raised a brow and she crossed her arms over her chest. "We are not staying here ,Reece. We have an early meeting tomorrow. We're taking his car ", she took the car keys from Reece's hand.

"You drive?", he snickered. "Ofcourse I can", she snapped. "Geez , tough crowd ", he continued to get on her nerves.

Papa would help theo get to his apartment tomorrow. She and him had alot to discuss after this careless hangover.

-
00 : 32 am

"If we are late tomorrow- you are answering to Mr Taylor ", she groaned while helping him into her apartment. "James - will understand ", he whispered. "I'll take the couch tonight -", he wobbled to the couch while she locked up. "Are you sure? It's uncomfortable-", she kicked off her heels. "No - I'm okay", he laid down. "Why don't you remove the jacket?", he sat up, listening to her advice. He was sweating in the leather.

"Also -", she sighed and knelt , removing his sneakers. "Abby told us you helped her. I just want to say thank you-", she looked up through her lashes at him staring down with hooded eyes. "I did it for you-", he was honest. Anastasia smiled - "thank you. It meant alot to me seeing mama that happy ", she flinched when his hand stroked her rosy cheek. "Are you okay?", he blinked. She pressed her lips together before nodding. "I'm fine".

"I hate seeing you cry", his hand traveling into her hair. "You're a good girl. You deserve the fucking world ", he ran his tongue over his lower lip before sighing heavily. "Yeah - tomorrow is going to be a pain. I can already feel it ", he fell onto his back. "Well good", she countered and stood to her feet. "You two should learn to be more responsible ", she lectured but realized he had passed out.

Men.