54

-
19 : 48 pm

"Do you have any idea who all these people are?", I whisper as we walked into her parents beautiful mansion. Walls and ceilings decorated in shimmering gold and pink. It looked like a fairytale. Bouquets of flowers and magnificent table layouts with candles and petals. They went all out.

There were more than 100 people in here. I guess that could indicate how grand their home was.

"I have no clue and honestly I don't care", his response made me snicker and hold onto his hand tighter. Many greet him but totally ignored me at his side. They all seemed to have heard about the color scheme because it was literally just tae and I in black. Devils .

From music , to slow dancing between the tables to cocktails being served by butlers. This girl was blessed with rich folks. I mean woman - she turned 30. Yet she looked younger than most 'girls'.

"Reece", a man in a blue tux approached. Reece shook his hand and returned the smile the man was flaunting. "It's been too long ", he tapped Reece's shoulder. "Yeah ", was the best answer Reece could find. "Formalities are all done", he mentioned and Reece nod his head, "work kept me but I'm here. Gave hailey my word that I'd show ", he says with a blank face. "She'll be happy to see you", the man smiled then looked my way. "This her?", he gestured to me and Reece cleared his throat.

"Anastasia this is haileys old man", oh her father ! "Hi-" , I extend my hand and was relieved when he shook it. "Heard alot about you", he said , eyeing me from head to toe as if I were a hazardous product. "Where is hailey?", Reece broke the awkward energy. "With your parents. Your mother is obsessing over her dress ", he laughed and I felt kinda hurt hearing that. I mean - his parents will never like me nor accept this marriage but to watch them love their ex daughter in law just made it odd.

"Enjoy the party-", her father waved as Reece escorted me to where they sat. "Reecey!", hailey squealed , rushing into his arms. Despite being embraced by her , he never released my hand. "Hailey-", he cleared his throat as she stepped back. "You came ", she chimed. She looked stunning. Ruffled silk dress hugging her body tighter than she held Reece. I wish I had her curves.

"We did", he looked down at me and i swear she snobbed me for a second before forcing a smile. "Anastasia ", she greet. "Happy birthday hailey ", I smile politely, clinging onto Reece. Not because I'm trying to be a bitch but because everyone was watching us. I felt nervous . "Thank you -", her eyes trail down to my outfit before she smirked and found my eyes again. She totally judged me.

"Everything looks up to standard ", Reece passed a comment grabbing her attention. "You know I love perfection ", she fanned herself with those long manicured nails. "I know", he deadpan. I slightly nudge him with my elbow , signaling to cut the rudeness. Reece didn't have a chill button when it came to people he never liked. He couldn't fake a smile or conversation.

"Son-", his mother called out and he released my hand to go greet them. "Mother -", he kissed her cheek then tapped his father's shoulder. "Hi -", I smile down at them. His father gave a brief nod whilst his mother passed hailey a glare. Yeah - awkward. "Take a seat-", hailey said . "There's a menu , tick a box and the chef will prepare it just for your enjoyment ". Talk about rich people.

Reece was having a conversation with his father across from where I sat. His eyes shift to me and a soft smile played on his lips even though he was speaking with his father. I couldn't help but smile back. He was such a sweet comfort place.

Hailey and his mother continue to chat and I glance down at the extravagant menu. Honestly- I had no appetite. There was just so much traveling through my mind. Pondering wasn't getting me anywhere.