38

Flashback continued
••

Thames Highschool
Friday
07 : 21 am

"Someone's early ".

She sighed , keeping her head on the desk. Anything to escape that mad house. Her headache had not yet subsided. "Little one-", his hand gently stroked her head. "Are you okay?" , his soft voice made her eyes pool with tears. "Hey-", he looked to the door before crouching beside her chair . "Anastasia, about yesterday-", she cut him off before he could complete. Sitting up , she pushed his hand off her thigh. "Reece, I am your student. You don't have to give me an explanation-".

His eyes traveled her rosy face before he smiled , reaching up and cupping her cheek. "Hear me out -", he whispered. "There's nothing I need to know. It's fine -", she nudged his hand away. "It's not fine. I had asked Ms Brown out the day we both met at the club. She had been busy so I thought I'd hook up with Ariel wannabee but then you showed up", he smirked when her lips formed an O. "It was a misunderstanding. Besides - you didn't give me a chance to explain. How are you feeling ?", he touched her head. "Headache hasn't left", she mumbled.

"I'll get you those painkillers-", he held her hand. "I'm sorry -", she whispered. "It's okay", he was about to laugh when the knock on the door made him pull his hand back and stand to his feet.

"Mr Alexander -", Ms Brown smiled even though she had seen his hand on Anastasia's. " I brought the files you needed", she walked in as Reece made his way back to his table. "You're a life saver ", he smiled, taking them. Her eyes bounce to Anastasia who's head was back on the desk. "Is she okay?", she asked . "She's alittle miserable-", he answered while flipping through the pages. "Everything there ?", she asked and he nod . "Thank you", he smiled and she hummed, turning on her heels and leaving.

Instead of feeling protective of Anastasia being a student . Victoria Brown was jealous. Reece was wanted by almost every girl and young unmarried teacher In school. She couldn't understand why he was holding Anastasia's hand. She was a snob and brat. So why her?

••
11 : 47 am

Anastasia handed him her lunch box as they swapped sandwiches. "I prefer peanut butter and jelly" , she chuckled and bite into the juicy sandwich he had made. "This isn't so bad. You could have added more mayo-", he chomped on her chicken sandwich.

He had parked his car a few blocks away from the school at an old junkyard. "I missed you yesterday-", he pout and she nudged his arm. "I was not well-", she bat her lashes. "You were jealous-", he teased.
"Was not -", she frowned and continued to eat. Reece smirked to himself. She was definitely jealous.

"I have history after break with your girlfriend-", she teased and he laughed. "Funny -", he closed the lunchbox. "Are you done?", he dust his hands. "Yes sir", she licked her lips before looking at him staring. "What?" , she smiled.

"Come here-", he called her with his index. Leaning over, his hand wrapped around her jaw as he kissed her sweet lips. The essence of jelly tasted better on her. His tongue swirling around in her mouth while her hand gripped his thigh for balance.

"Don't ever think you're not good enough ", he whispered against her lips. "You will always be my special girl-", he gave her a last peck before moving away. Her cheeks crimson at his words. Reaching around his neck, he unhooked his chain , holding it out. "Here -", she moved her hair as he fastened the chain around her neck.