47

22 : 21 pm
Reece's pov:

The engine dies down and the headlights turn off.

Her hand was quick to reach for the door handle but I grab her arm , stopping her. Her head snapped into my direction,  eyes squint, brows furrowed. She hadn't spoken a word since we left the club and neither did I.

"Are you fine?", I ask deeply. "Yes", she yanked her arm out of my grasp. "You can't seriously be upset , Anastasia ", I frown and she scoffed. The fucking nerve. The door opens and she gets off, marching to the house. I hurriedly follow. "Are you for real right now? You're angry because we left that asshole alone?", I snap but she ignored me, entering the house. "Anastasia!", I grab her arm , forcing her back against the wall. "What the fuck?", I bark in her face.

"Where the fuck was he when those bastards were trying to fucking harass you?", my grip tightening on her arm as I vent out my frustration. She just stared up through those thick lashes. Lips pouting and cheeks rosy. I didn't fucking care if my anger scared her. She needed to hear me out. "I had every fucking right as a husband to hit him. Infact , that punch wasn't enough. I should have smashed his face into the fucking ground-", I grit my teeth. The thought of her being man handled made me even more angry.

"I had asked you to be safe. Yet , I left my work early to come spend time with you, even if Theo hung with us. I'm fucking glad I showed -", I feel her tiny hand touch my face. Fingertips grazing over my heated cheek. I look down at her beautiful face and sigh softly. She was okay. Nothing happened.

"I'm sure he got home safely. He's a guy -", I mumble and she gave a nod. "Are you okay?", I ask again. Lifting herself off the floor on her tiptoes- her lips touch mine and I immediately melt into the kiss. Hands draping around her waist as hers curled around my neck. I held her against her wall, deepening the kiss . She tasted sweet. Like banana. Pulling away from the kiss , she hummed annoyed. "Did you have alcohol?", I raise a brow and she gulped.

"Smoothie-", she whispered.

"Alcohol", I correct, releasing her and stepping back. She remained against the wall , watching me with puppy doll eyes. "I had asked you to stay away from alcohol, Anastasia", I was in no mood to go back and forth on this. Instead I leave it as that and head upstairs. Silence works better than yelling .

I was again - pissed.

Be safe and stay away from alcohol. Two important things. She did none. What if someone had spiked her fucking drink? Why the fuck are girls so clumsy. Can't they follow damn instructions? Did I ask her to fetch me the fucking moon.

I barge into our bedroom. Flinging aside my phone and car keys. Pacing to the closet where I hang up my blazer and belt.

"Reece. I'm not even drunk -", her voice only frustrated me more. I begin unbuttoning my shirt when she walked into the closet. "Reece - I am sober. It was only 2 smoothies ", she explained but I ignored her and removed my shirt , tossing it into the laundry basket. "Don't be childish ", she groaned. "Who's being childish?", I walk out and she followed. "You are ! I am an adult ", she stomped her foot and I turn to stare down at her. "You are my wife", I frown. "If I give an order , you will fucking obey it", I bite down on my teeth. "Am I a dog?", she barked back.

"You're behaving like a little bitch ", I sass and she gasped , bringing her hand up to slap me but I grip her wrist. "I've slapped you before ! I'll do it again -", she yelled.

"I think you should go to bed, Anastasia ", I release her wrist and stroll back to the closet. "Reece! Do not treat me like a toddler. I took care of myself. You should not have punched Theo. He did nothing wrong-", she continued to rant but I headed into the ensuite,  ignoring her. She didn't deserve my attention and I sure as fuck did not feel like arguing. Especially not about Theo...