10

N I G H T

O F T H E
F U N D R A I S E R

Reece's pov:

"Your wife gets along with everyone ".

Turning away from a guest , I look at my older brother - who invited himself. "She's just flaunting herself ", I respond. Ryder had been living in Italy for the past 7 years , so he hadn't really gotten a chance to get to know hailey. "Mama said she can be snobby. That true?", he smirked and I gave a nod. "She's a material girl", I correct that statement.

"I see", he sipped the last bit of his wine, leaving the empty glass on the passing by tray. "You're lucky to be married. I'm 34 and still single", he whined. "I prefer the single life", I mutter under my breath but he heard me. "Why? To be a flirt? ", he nudged my shoulder and we laugh. "You were incredibly naughty ", he raised a brow, recalling our youth. "Let's not go there", I mumble as hailey approached. I had to say- she was looking absolutely stunning. Sure her choice was revealing but she pulled it off.

"Your staff refused to let me leave", she sighed heavily , chuckling and clinging onto my arm. "I'm glad you're finally enjoying their company ", I say without trying to sound cocky. She had accused me of cheating with many of my staff . "They're okay. Besides , they were just fangirling over our marriage ", she giggled , lifting herself on her toes and giving my cheek a quick kiss.

I hear Ryder scoff from beside me. Clearly he did not like her character. "Is Italy beautiful?", she made conversation with him. "Extremely. Certain parts of Italy I prefer ", he went on as if he enjoyed her company. She was not a bad person. Just a massive ego. Ryder was not one who'd put up with such bullshit.

"Extravagant party ,Mr Alexander", one of the vips appeared and I release hailey to speak with Mr Leonard. "I appreciate you coming -", I shake his hand. "This is my beautiful wife", he gestured to the wrinkled lady beside him. I greet her without being judgemental. He was young for her but whatever. "This is my wife", I pull hailey to my side. "Hi" , she shook their hands. "She's stunning ", Mrs Leonard chimed. Hailey smiled looking up at me.

Glancing over my shoulder, Ryder was on his 4th glass of wine. I'm sure he'd camp at my place instead of our parents.

"Enjoy the party ", I say to Mr Leonard who escorted his wife to the buffet table. I remove my hand from her slim waist and tuck them in my pants pockets. She cleared her throat awkwardly and looked around at the guests enjoying.
"Excuse me-", I say and she nodded. I signal Ryder to follow me out. "Where are we going?", he asked after catching up to my pace. "Smoke -", I respond as we exit the hall. "I thought you gave that up", we halt. I fish inside my coat pocket pulling out the box. "For a week", I chuckle, handing him the box after taking a cigarette and placing it between my teeth.

"Got a light?", I ask , earning a hum from him.

"Mr Alexander", we both say 'yes' before looking at her. Her eyes wide and staring at the cigarette in my mouth. I could feel Ryders green eyes piercing me. "Anastasia-" I remove the unlit cigarette. "Hi-", she greet softly. I take a moment to admire how beautiful she was looking. Soft pink really was her color.

The dress she picked hung above her ankles. Her long hair left undone and curled over her back. She was so pretty.

"Pleasure meeting you , Ms?", Ryder broke the awkward silence. "Cora. I am the assistant ", she shook his outstretched hand. Ryder passed me a smirk before looking back to her. "I'll be inside -", she said to me , earning just a simple nod. With that she left us alone again.