16

"I said dress smart not fancy-", Reece grumbled as they entered the hotel lobby. Mr Birkin owned several hotels across New York. He wanted Reece to advertise his hotel to the airline guests or vip tourists.

"This is not fancy. Besides , it's the only professional and cute thing combined that I own", she tugged on the hem of her white mini dress . Reece just shook his head. He had disapproved of it the moment she waltz out of her apartment. Unfortunately they were running late so he could not order her to change.

"Mr Birkin creeps me out", she mumbled and followed him through the hotel restaurant which was busy. The soft violins playing made her want to sleep. "He can be cocky ", Reece said ,gesturing for her to enter the vip booth. "This is nice", she looked around. "Yeah?", he placed his hand on her lower back, causing her to tense. "Walk", he gave her a little nudge.

The booth was dark but lit with purple and gold lights. It seemed more like a night club than a hotel. "Is this safe-", she halt ,making him bump into her. Reece grunt and cussed underneath his breath. The feeling of her ass pressed up against his dick was not the best of things to happen before a meeting. "Anastasia- please walk", he fussed and pulled her along.

"Looks sketchy ", she continued to get on his last nerve. They eventually reached the bar zone , finding Mr Birkin with his so called mistress while his wife was home with their 3 kids. Everyone knew he was screwing the secretary.

"Mr Birkin-", Reece greet ,shaking the man's hand. "I've been waiting ", he chuckled, gesturing for him to take a seat. "Ms Cora, beautiful as always ", he shook her hand. Reece eyed the way he gawked at her from head to toe. Anastasia sat beside Reece, feeling safe near her boss. "So - what will you two be drinking? It's on the house- ", he signaled the bartender. "Whiskey ", Reece spoke. Mr Birkin looked to Anastasia who was busy reading the menu on the glowing boards. "A banana smoothie?", she looked puzzled by her choice. Reece gave a nod to the bartender who left to receive their orders.

"I'm glad you accepted this deal , Mr Alexander", he went on talking business while Anastasia zoned out. Her eyes moving to the little dance floor ,where drunk people grooved. Clashing their bodies against each other. It looked scary but fun. She had been to clubs before with Anthony. He would always force her to dance but that just wasn't her scene. She could hear Reeces voice but he was just chatting to Mr Birkin while his secretary played with his hair. Awkward.

"Anastasia-", his hand rest on her thigh. Her head snapped to look at him. "Your smoothie-", he removed his hand, passing her the ice drink. "Thank you", she smiled and took it. It tasted sweet but tangy. Why call it banana when just the color was yellow? She continued to slurp it anyway. She didn't even know why Reece brought her when they were leaving her out of the conversation.

••
19 : 34 pm

Time dragged.

After 6 smoothies , her head began to pound. Everything around her was spinning. Was she on a Rollercoaster? Blinking hard , her vision blurred for a second as if she were going to collapse.

"Are you okay?", Reece asked . "Round and round-", she looked at him and giggled. Reece smiled. She was cute when drunk. Her so called innocent smoothie was actually 87% alcohol. "You're aware you're drunk", he raised a brow and she continued to laugh. Mr Birkin and his bitch were on the dance floor, grinding against each other. Disgusting.

"Want to dance?", she stood on her wobbly feet. "I don't think that's a good idea-", he held her waist ,helping her to regain balance. "Don't be a old fart-", she nagged. "Old Fart?", he flashed a boxy smile ,earning a smile from her. "You are so adorable at times ", she moved closer , pushing herself between his legs. Hands curling around his neck. "Why me?", she pout. "You've asked me this before -", his hands resting on her waist while she admired his features under the flashing lights. "I just need to know. There's nothing special about me. Besides - ", she paused to think but lost her train of thought. "Let's go home ", he stood. "Already?", she rest her cheek against his chest. "You're drunk-", he rolled his eyes ,taking her hand in his .