22

11:23 am
Alexander Airlines
Anastasia's pov:

I barge into his office , tears pooled In my blurry eyes and a sulk on my lips. His eyes lift to find mine as I slam my hands on his table. "What is it?", he asked calmly , shifting his gaze back to the laptop.

"Tell Johnson to stop calling me a slut!", I hiss ,watching him raise a brow and continuing to type. "Reece", I furrow my brows , annoyed that he was unbothered by my pain. "Anastasia- I can not discipline the entire world for you-", he trailed off as Johnson knocked before entering. "Mr Alexander , these documents were updated. It requires your signature-", he spoke to Reece but had his eyes on me. I kept my frown as I glared back.

He had been calling me names all morning and I have had enough. Everyone has been rude and I don't deserve it! "Do you need anything else sir?", he asked .

"Yes-", I blurt but Reece said , "No . Thank you ". I look down at him , busy with work while Johnson shot me a smirk on his way out. "Are you serious? He bullies me-", I was furious. This man was my so called husband but did absolutely nothing to defend me from those who made me feel like shit. "Don't you have work to attend to?" , he mumbled without removing his eyes from the laptop. "I am speaking to you -", I don't hesitate, I bolt forward - grabbing the laptop and flinging it across the room. "Anastasia!", he yelled and got to his feet as the laptop hit the ground with a thud. "I'm sorry - I'm sorry ", I apologized once reality smacked me. I should have not done that. "Calm down-", he jerked me and I press my lips together. The tears stream down my cheeks. "Calm down -", he repeat softly. His grip on my arms loosening. "Breathe-", he reached up , pushing my hair off my face.

After a few minutes of complete silence.

"Are you okay?", he asked , hands still on my arms. I shake my head , not wanting to lift my eyes to meet his. I felt embarrassed by my actions. This was not me. I was not an angry person. I just felt so hurt and alone. No one understands me anymore. I'm in an unknown city- with a man I barely know , who's now my husband. People around me ,despise the very sight of me. So no - I was not okay.

Removing his hands , he rest them on his waist , staring down at the laptop. "I'm sorry -", I whisper as he picked it up. Thankfully it was not broken. Talk about expensive quality . "It's okay -", he said , placing it down on the table.

"So much love-".

We both turn to see hailey at the door, looking stunning as always. "I brought the spare key-", she strut in with 6 inch heels and a mini skirt. Her blonde curls bouncing over her little crop top. "I would have fetched it-", he said as she handed the key to him. Her eyes shift to glare at me before they're back on him. "How are you?", she asked softly. Pain evident in her tone. Yet she hid it so well. "Never been better", his cold response made my insides churn , I couldn't imagine how much pain that caused her fragile heart.

"Is that all?", he questioned with a straight face. Hailey gave a nod and swallowed hard. Her eyes traveling around his face, searching or praying he'd show some emotion toward her...but he never faltered. "I guess I'll leave then-", she mumbled
under her breath. Her fingers tugging on her skirt. "Drive safe", he started up the laptop again and took his seat. Hailey's jaw dropped alittle. Brows knit together and lips curled into a sulk. I was the cause of their failed marriage.

Without another word , she turned on her heels and left. I'm sure she ran out before her eyes could leak out the pent up tears.

I stare at the door as if she were going to return and probably yell at him for being a prick and breaking her heart. Maybe she could release all of that bottled up pain and depression. She needed to vent like she did yesterday...