59

20 : 17 pm
-

"I told mama how extremely tired I am. I can't stop by for supper. Maybe the weekend ".

"I'm sure she understands ", he placed his plate into the soapy sink. "Yeah she does", I mumble. "Tomorrow's my off day. Do you need any groceries?", he wiped up his hands as I rinsed mine. " I'll make a list ", he tossed the cloth to me. "You wanna go out after I fetch you from work?", I lift my eyes to meet his. "Where?", I smile as he smirked , clasping my chin and dipping his head to plant a kiss to my lips.

Did I mention we're closer than I'd like to admit?

"Anywhere you want baby", his hands curl around my waist , pulling me against his body. "Surprise me", I wrap my hands around his neck. I despised being short. I was always on tiptoes around taller people. "Surprise you? Baby , anything surprises you", he chuckled, nudging my nose with his. "I'm grateful-", I smile. "I know you are ", he kissed my cheek , releasing me.

"How was work?", I hand him dishes to pack in a high cupboard. "Peaceful. Our network project is almost complete and I've never been more at ease", he sighed out and ran a hand through his beautiful hair. "Your side?", he leaned against the counter. "Well - they're hosting some international meeting on Friday. It's for a new food line. I think for cruise ships. They wanna partner", I yawn and stretch out my body.

"So what's with your sister? Is she coming to visit mama for her birthday?", his question made me tense up. Abby hadn't been home for god knows how long. She had been living her life, making empty promises to mama. Every year she'd promise to visit but she never showed. "Hey", he clasped my face in his warm hands. "You okay?", he stroked my cheeks with his thumbs. "The answer to your question is - I don't know. Abby is liar ", I frown and he kissed my forehead. "Okay , calm down. Let's watch a movie ", his suggestion made me smile relieved.

Theo never forced a conversation which made me uncomfortable. He was an angel. My bunny. We were more than friends but less than lovers. Stuck in the middle. I'm sure as time went on - we'd bond more and hopefully build a life together. Believe me , many girls were crushing on him. Yet he had eyes for one girl - me.

Cuddling on the couch - I place my head against his chest as his arm draped around me. "I'm craving a horror ", he whispered in a spooky voice. "Shut up bunny", he laughed as I swat his chest. "My frightened baby", he teased and scanned through Netflix. "Is it just me or the movies on Netflix are becoming more stupid?", I give a nod and close my eyes. This was a routine whenever he stayed over. He'd scan for a movie and I'd fall asleep waiting.

He was something else.

-
11 : 32 am

"I saw her this morning. She drank like 3 coffees ".

I sigh , turning to Steffi who was hovering again. She was on break but bugging me. "What? I'm telling you they were fucking all night-", she crossed her arms over her chest , staring at Bridget who was speaking with a client. "She's so pretty ", I admired her until Steffi smacked me on the head. "Shut up you tart", she scolded. "I feel as if you're crushing on Mr Taylor ", I giggle and she stuck out her tongue. "He's such a daddy", she purred. "What the heck-", I fling a pen at her.

"Don't even lie, Anastasia. He is-", she smirked but put on a straight face when Bridget approached. "Hi ladies-", she smiled politely. I return the smile but Steffi just stared. "The meeting tomorrow will take place in conference room 4. There'll be cruise line owners and airline owners". "Oh? He expanded the idea to airlines?", I jot it down as she gave a nod. "Private airlines?", I found myself asking. The second she shook her head, I felt a wave of relief flush through me. "Your usual economic flights", she waved her manicured nails in the air.