23

"I'm just being a good husband ".

"Can you stop-", his deep voice groaned and I immediately stop chewing on my finger nails. "That's disgusting-", he went on reading through a magazine as we sat in the warmth of our living room. Well - his living room. Glancing up at the wall clock , it was only 20 : 07 pm.

There was nothing but silence between us after that whole move I pulled at work during his meeting with other companies. I still couldn't believe he had actually fired Johnson. He looked so calm about it all. How ? I had no clue.

"Do you need something?", he whispered, not taking his eyes of the magazine.

"You on your knees".

Fuck! Why did that memory have to replay. "Uhm no", I mumble, drawing my knees to my chest and just watching him read. He looked so handsome in plain clothes. A t-shirt and sweatpants. His hair tousled and resting on his forehead. "Are you sure?", he looked up and I nod my head. "You are free to watch TV or explore the house", he raised a brow , going back to read. Maybe he felt awkward that I was staring.

"Did you give the trip a thought?", I mumble, resting my chin on my raised knees. "What trip", he flipped the page and I furrow my brows. "To see my parents", I remind. "Oh - how long do you want this trip to be?", he questioned under his breath. "I haven't thought that far. I just have to see them-", I trail off, staring at the blazing fireplace. The sound of the wood crackling and the flames swaying from side to side was soothing. "We can leave this Friday". Turning my attention back to him, I was quite surprised by his suggestion. He was actually willing to take me...not just take me , he wanted to join. "Yes", I whisper, continuing to stare.

"Am I in trouble?", I whisper and now I have his attention. Putting down the magazine, he tilt his head to the side. "In trouble for what?", he asked. "For ruining your meeting and thinking I had the power to fire your staff. I'm sorry for crossing the line -", my voice fades into a soft whisper. "Why are you apologizing? You had complained earlier about him. I was just waiting for you to realize that you can do whatever you want ,baby", he stood from the corner couch , making his way to where I sat - huddled. "It's your husband's company and besides, Johnson was a prick", he sat beside me ,resting his hand on my back. "Don't apologize. Always get it right the first time", he whispered and I give a nod.

"Do you feel bad for hailey?", the question rushed out before I could build a wall to stop it. His gaze shift to the floor before locking eyes with me. "Should I?", he answered my question with a question. "Don't you?", I persist. I just needed to know that this man had emotions like the rest of us. He wasn't an alien, right?

"Do you want the truth or the lie?", he asked and I furrow my brows. "What's the lie?", I pout as he reached up , slipping his hand into my undone hair. "I feel pathetic about it", he whispered- pulling me closer and pressing his lips to mine. So ? He did not feel bad for her? My mind was on her depressed face when she showed up at the office. Despite being dressed like a barbie - she was broken. No amount of clothing or expensive shoes can ever repair a broken heart. Those things are temporary happiness.

I hum into his mouth the second his hands are on my waist , yanking me off the couch and onto his lap. I sink my nails into his shoulders as I find my balance, straddling him like a horse. "I care about you-", he pecked my parted lips. "That's the truth ", he deepened the kiss. Flicking his tongue against my lip , seeking entrance which I gave without hesitation. I am afraid if I resist , he'd change his mind about the trip.

My fingers sink into his fluffed hair , tugging at the ends. He needed a haircut. "Reece", I allow myself to moan as he groped my ass in his large hands. "Fuck-", he groaned into my mouth, lifting his hips to press his growing erection against me. I cling to his shoulders, trying not to grind against his hard length directly underneath me. "Stop-", he swat my ass and I squeak. "Don't tease", he growled and went to kissing my neck. His lips forceful and rough against my soft skin which burned as he used his teeth to nip at my flesh. "Reece", I bite down on my lip , fisting his hair as he sucked my skin. Hands gripping my waist firmly.