71

17 : 23 am
-

"Look - this is the 52nd call", mama paced around the living room , chewing her fingernails. "Mama- just sit down and relax", I sigh out , turning to peek at Isabel asleep on the couch. "How can I calm down , Anastasia? That is her 3 month baby that's sleeping over there. She's been nagging and crying almost the entire night -", she was agitated and I understood . Her anger was justified. But - being stressed wasn't going to solve anything.

"I swear to god, Anastasia. If she had run away. I don't ever want to see her face in my home ever again. I will disown her ! I hope she isn't whoring around with more old men. This poor child -", she placed a hand over her chest while staring at the sleeping baby. I had been here all day , helping mama tend to the baby and house chores. I was beat. I just needed a shower and sleep. I desperately needed sleep. I didn't get any last night. The images of Reece fucking me came crashing in and I could feel the heat rushing into my cheeks.

"Ladies - coffee?", Rupert popped his head into the living room. "Yes please ", I answered while mama just nod. He disappeared and I go back to staring at the baby. So innocent and pure. She didn't deserve this. This world was cruel. People were cruel. We were no longer humans. Infact we were living like animals in a forest - a more civilized type of animal though. We were destroying each other with lies and betrayal. I lean back into the couch , closing my eyes for a brief moment before mama started to complain again. She was giving me a solid headache.

"Did you try calling papa? Maybe he knows something about her whereabouts-", I scratch above my brow and she shook her head. "I had called papa 3 times. He still has no clue where she is". Once again - Abby was stressing mama out. "Baby , you should go home. Get some rest. Rupert and I can handle things ", she looked drained. How could I leave her? "No mama. I'll stay the night if I have too", I mumble and take the coffee mug from Rupert, "Thank you". Mama had him leave hers aside . He stood behind her , rubbing her tense shoulders. I couldn't believe I hated Rupert. He was such a sweetheart and a great husband to mama. I mean , yes they committed adultery to get married but hey - they were happy.

My phone began to ring and a smile crept on my lips. "Excuse me -", I say and head into the passage , placing the phone to my ear.

"Reece?".

"I'm leaving work now. Do you want anything? Maybe mama wants something-", I could hear the engine roar.

"Uhm, I think I'm going to stay the night with mama. She's so stressed and Isabel is definitely a handful. I won't leave her alone-", I trail, earning a hum from him.

"Do you need me to fetch you some clothes from the apartment? Any essentials?".

He was behaving like a husband.

"That would be nice. Thank you. Everything is in my closet and bathroom ", I lean against the wall.

"Okay baby. I will see you soon. I love you", I blush 50 shades of crimson. Even without seeing his face. His voice and word choices were enough to make me swoon.

"I love you too", i whisper back and I swear I felt him smile. I hang up , staring down at my phone. Theo had called 5 times ,checking up on me throughout the day. I refuse to be another mama and Abby. I have to tell him. Maybe tomorrow. Right now - I had to focus on my family.

-
19 : 49 pm

"What is this? I didn't even know I owned this-", I chuckle while holding up the clothes Reece had brought. "Thank you -", I look down at him , seated on the bed. His eyes roaming my bedroom. The last time we were in here - we were married and having sex for the first time.