42

New York
11 : 37 am
Alexander Airlines

Anastasia's pov:

••

With my hand in my hair , I stared at the laptop screen. We had returned 2 days ago. Guess what? I haven't spoken to Reece after he had opened up and spilled the truth which they would have kept hidden if I hadn't found that Polaroid.

Can you believe? They would have never told me I suffered memory loss. Anthony and I had only been together 1½ years - not 3 like I thought. I was confused and felt lost at this point. Like I promised Reece, I didn't ask my parents before we left England. I was grateful but disappointed. This explains why he was so hell bent on marrying me. He was inlove with me. Me? Reece Alexander ?

Shaking those thoughts off , i tried getting back to work. There were so many emails I had to attend too. Right now , I was lazy and miserable to even open one.

"Another file for signing-", Brianna dropped it on the desk. I lift my eyes to find hers. Recalling the last time we were together, they had embarrassed me at the bar. "Enjoyed your trip?", she raised a brow, pouting her lips. I stand to my feet, lifting the file. "I don't need you getting involved in my life or marriage-", I snapped and walked to his office. I hear her scoff but I totally ignore her. I was in no mood for anyone's bullshit.

I knock before pushing the door open. Reece was behind his table, eyes glued to the laptop. I could hear the sound of his fingers clicking against the keys. Clearing my throat, "more files to sign ", I lay them on his table. He just gave nod without looking up at me. "Do you need anything?", I asked softly. "No-", his response short.

I nod and pace back to the door. Halting , I glance over my shoulder- staring at him. It was awkward that this man has memories of me which I don't recall. He had touched me before we even had sex. The thought of that night in England made my cheeks burn. We had sex.

His eyes lift to find mine and I gulp. "You need something?", his deep voice had me on my knees. "No-", I whisper. "Okay, please see to it that Fletcher and theo are working well together on the project ", he went back to his laptop. I nod and walk out , bumping right into theo.

"Sorry-", his hands on my arms as he caught me from stumbling. "It's okay. I collided into you-", I smile as he stepped back. "I was on my way to check on the project-", I stroll to my desk and he followed. "Fletcher is gone out. He said he'd return in an hour or two", he sighed. "So I came to check if I can head out for a lunch break", he watched as I lift my handbag. "There's a Cafe across the street. Can I join?", i stare at his surprised face.

"Do you need permission?", his eyes shift to Reece's office. "No , I don't ", I roll my eyes and head toward the elevator. "Wait -", he rushed after. "Are you sure? Are you forgetting the night at the club ? He looked pissed-", he scratched the back of his head as we stepped into the elevator. That's exactly how he got that scar. Fighting for me at the club apparently. "No it's fine", I whisper as the doors shut. "If you say so", he smiled down at me. "How was your trip?" , the doors open and I walk out first. "We can discuss that at the Cafe-", I nudge him.

••

"1 chocolate and 1 banana milkshake. 2 chicken burgers with extra French fries and some wings dunked in that menacing hot sauce", he rubbed his tummy, making the waitress snicker . "Should be ready in 15 minutes-", she walked away.

Theo clasps his hands , resting them on the table between us. "So - this is strange of you to join me after everything ", he had a slight smirk on his lips. My gaze settled on the lip ring. "That had to hurt -", I point out and he shook his head. "None of my piercings hurt. Can't say the same about my sleeved tattoos ", he rolled up his sleeves to show me his ink.