65

17 : 37 pm
Anastasia's pov:
-

"Anastasia? I can't-", she kicked the doorframe and groaned. "Mama! Do not attempt this on your own-", I giggle , leading her to the backyard in a blindfold. "I had warned you kids not to do anything extravagant-", she whispered and I go yeah yeah.

"Watch your step", I help her out successfully. My eyes shifting to papa and Rupert who flicked up their thumbs. A few of mama's book club friends were here too. Reece and theo stood side by side, smiling . "Ready mama?", I whisper into her ear and she nod eagerly. Once I undo the blindfold - everyone cheered happy birthday!

"Oh my -", her eyes pooling with tears whilst admiring the beautiful job they had all pulled off.

"I - it's perfect ", she hid herself in my arms and I laugh at how shy she had gotten. "Mama-", I escort her to the table where Rupert hugged her tightly. My eyes shift to papa who was clapping his hands. Theo and Reece were laughing? About what? I'm sure mama's friends believed they were friends because that's exactly how it looked.

"Theo", mama yelled at him. "I'm sorry - I had no choice. It had to be excellent ", he hugged her. Mama was so little . Geez - I had inherited her height. "And you ! -", She reached up, grabbing Reece's ear. "Ou-", he yelped. "Where were you? Could you not atleast call me? ", she playfully smacked his cheek before hugging him. His eyes find mine and I wave. Theo rushed over to where I stood. "Hey pretty lady", he kissed my cheek. "Hi . This looks better than we planned ", I high 5 him. "Had extra help" , he looked at Reece who was speaking with papa, while mama greeted her friends.

"You two seem to be getting along", I glance up at him and he smirked , "Baby , I was his fake girl for 5 seconds ".

"What?", my eyes grow wide as he laughed.

-

We had all settled after formalities. The food was heaven. I couldn't stop stuffing my cheeks with the garlic bread. "Slow down honey-", theo nudged me . "I'm starving ", I cover my mouth and chuckle. Mama and her friends were busy being photographed underneath the massive tree which she contemplated on chopping down many times. "Food is amazing-", Rupert licked his fingers. My gaze bounced to Reece who was watching mama. "Did you get her the bag she's been wanting?", bunny whispered and I pry my eyes from Reece. "Yes I did", I smile proudly and he leaned in , kissing my forehead.

"I hadn't gotten her a gift yet. What do old folks like?", he pout and I laugh. "Bunny you've done more than enough for her", I gesture to the party. "This isn't enough. She deserves way more", he smiled at mama. Just like I mentioned- mama may have sinned to get to this place of happiness. But - she was happy and thats all that mattered. Holding a grudge against her was something I could never do. I loved her with all my heart and soul. That's my mama. I was proud to be hers.

"Anastasia! Come take a snap-", she called out and I was quick to get onto my feet and run across the lawn to where she stood. Papa lift the camera , asking us to get closer. "Cheese!", we both grin and the flash almost blinded me. I give mama a kiss before shifting my gaze to the table. Both theo and Reece were staring at me with smiles on their faces. I simply smile back.

"Take another!", mama shout at papa as he was struggling to get the camera to shoot another picture. "Hurry up -", she yelled and I couldn't hold in my laughter when Rupert came running to help papa. "Both your men", I tease and she clicked her tongue. "Well - you have two men gawking ", she countered and I roll my eyes. "I hope you know what you're doing Kid. Be sure bunny is okay with Reecey staying for the week-", she whispered while they fixed the camera. "Mama- I had asked several times. Besides I think they're getting along. That's kinda creepy", I glance at them having a conversation.