40

Flashback continued

••
Saturday
20 : 21 pm

"Did I mention how beautiful you're looking?", he squeezed her hand in his.

Anastasia forced herself to focus on him and not the raging headache. The sound of the ocean washing up on the shore filled her ears. The balcony view was impeccable. The sky a dull black and faintly lit stars gleamed from the heavens.

"You okay?", he squeezed her hand harder. "Yeah , I'm sorry. The food was great-", she rubbed her head , holding on tighter to his hand for some sort of comfort. "Does it hurt again? Maybe you need to visit the doctor-", he reached out, feeling her forehead with his knuckles . "It's a passing by thing . It comes and goes for like 4 years now-", she giggles .

Reece just gave a nod. He didn't like seeing her in pain, especially when he took her out just so she wouldn't have to stay in that hell hole.

"You look like prince charming-", she whispered with a grin. Reece smiled, cupping her cheek in his palm. "I am blessed -", he leaned in , giving her a quick kiss. "I'm glad you enjoyed the food-", he leaned back in his seat. Anastasia licked her lips - eyeing him while he scanned the place.

If anything- she was the blessed one. People gave them odd looks , most probably because Reece was hot and she was ordinary.

She placed her hand on his thigh, earning a little flinch . Giving him a toothy smile, he placed a hand over hers. "What is it?", he asked with dreamy ocean eyes . "Let's get out of here -", she whispered, giving his thigh a little squeeze. Reece cleared his throat before nodding.

"Let's go-", he smirked.

"Mr Alexander?".

They both glance up at Victoria Brown.

"Victoria-", he cleared his throat. Anastasia tried yanking her hand out of his but he refused to release her. Victoria's eyes bounce from their hands to their faces. "I didn't expect to see you here- that too with a student ", she raised a brow. "She's not my student outside of school property ", he smiled. "Oh - is she the reason we had to cancel coffee ?", her question made Anastasia clench her jaw. Secretly she admired how gorgeous Victoria was. Slim and perfect. The dress she wore clinged to her curves.

But-

Ms Brown could tell this to her parents. She'd be in so much trouble. Reece could get fired.

"Yes. She's the reason-", he answered, thumb stroking the back of her hand to calm her. He could feel her radiating anxiety. "She's 18 Mr Alexander", her tone stern. "Ms Brown, you've come here for a reason. I'm sure it's not to intrude our dinner plans", he was cocky about it.

"This won't end well , Mr Alexander", she tried to explain but he stood to his feet, pulling Anastasia along. "You enjoy your night-", he said to Victoria who scoffed when they walked away. She knew something was up - but seeing it for herself just made her more jealous. Anastasia was a kid. He needed a lady.

••

"Are you okay?" .

Reece didn't realize he was holding his breath until her hand touched his. Looking over at her in the passenger seat, Anastasia was staring at his expressionless face. "I'm sorry. Her seeing us together could get you fired-", she whispered, squeezing his hand. "We should have just stuck to the usual. Us being home -", a sigh left her pouty lips.