71.Pastry For Your Soul.

The duo sat in silence stairing at one anouther.

There wasn't much either of them could say.
Everything just felt wrong,the house somehow felt empty.

Luckily for them a knock had come to save them from their grave of silence as Eret rushed over to open it,greeting his guest with a warm smile as Wilbur hide himself for fear of it being some deranged hero ready to attack.

Though the warm and calm voice that broke through belonged not to that of a villain but a dear friend he hadn't realised just how much he'd missed.

"Hey Eret,can I come in?"
She asked nervously.

"Oh,ummm."
Erets blank eyes trailed back to the room he'd just been sat in.
Tension still as thick as a knife,yet he had to hide wilbur.
"I'm a bit busy today so-"

"I know Wilburs here."
She responded.Gripping hold of the bag in her hands as if it was the only thing keeping her from breaking down.

"What?he's not-how did you?"
Well it was safe to say the herobrine was stumped at the news as he stumbled over words and struggled to speak she lett out a soft laugh and an awnser.
"Tommy came down yo my bakery to ask if I could take him to yours but I was too busy."

"Tommy?"
A new voice spoke.

Their eyes drawing to where Wilbur now stood clearly in the frount room.

"Yeah he came down with ranboo and then they left with some ram lady,she said her sibling had disappeared with you?"
Niki asked curiously.Her eyes ran over them with a curious an almost ever-so-slight accusative look.

"Schlatt-he....he"
Wilbur started,his scentance quickly ending as the two made their way into the front room.
Eret was quick to finish the scentance
"He was the ram."

"Oh."
Niki gasped,hands shaking over her face in shock.

"Uuuh nevermind that though,why didn't you come here sooner if you knew wil was here?"
Eret asked back,in the same accusatory Manor though she was quick to defend herself as she spoke
"I'm sorry I was caught up on work,I only came because I couldn't help but worry about you guys."

Wil smiled as he walked over,his arms wrapping around her
"It's fine,I'm just glad to hear from someone diffrent."

Her arms wrapped around him,clinging to the other only for her eyes to widen in shock.

Her hands patted along his back as she muffled back
"What are those?"

"Oh!"
Wil yelped,pushing away from her with a flustered expression on his face.
"I have wings now."

"HOW?!"
Her voice boomed across the room.
Shock and confusion bouncing across the room until the brunette let them fall out behind him with a short explanation
"I have no idea.It just happened."

"How does something like this just happen?!"
She asked,resting the bag on the floor as she slowly approached them,
Amazed eyes rolling over them in awe.
"They're so beautiful."

"Everyone says that."
He laughed out,awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck as Eret intruded on the conversation
"We say it because it's true."

A moment of silence rang out as the trio stood in a quiet shock.

A warm,comforting aura filled the room.It felt nice to just chat to his friends.

It felt like ages since he'd done anything like this.

Though the silence was interrupted by nikis quick realisation
"OH!I brought cupcakes!"
She exclaimed as she lifted the bag,pulling some boxed up cupcakes out and placing them on the table.

"I didnt have long enough to decorate them or anything so I hope you don't mind."
She nervously laughed,opening the box to show the baked goods.

"That's fine,it's been awhile since I-"

"Since you've Eaton?I knew I should've brought something bigger,I can't belive those villains starved you!"
She interrupted,her sibling like worry filling wilbur with a slight warmth as he laughed out.

She sat with a confused look on her face as she watched his amusement rain on for a little while,and as he calmed down he spoke again
"I was gonna say its been awhile since I had something you've made,the villains didn't starve me."

"Oh."
She replied.
"Well then I apologies for my assumption."

"It's fine."
He chuckled.

Sure,he'd be dreading her exit and they didn't gain anyone new to their cause,
But it was a nice few minutes were he'd forgot about the shirty world they lived in.

And that.

That was enough.